Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche unveils 991.2 GT3 Touring Package as 'purist's' 911

T8 said:
That said, I can fully understand why the world of motoring journalists could interpret the release as the announcement of a whole new model.

I on the other hand can't. It is their job to know, understand and report accurately on this stuff. If they get it wrong then as a point of definition they are not doing their job and should really be reporting on cats stuck in trees for their local paper. It isn't as if the information is obscure and couldn't be gleaned from an hour a day of internet forum lurking after all... :dont know:

Disco said:
T8 said:
That said, I can fully understand why the world of motoring journalists could interpret the release as the announcement of a whole new model.

I on the other hand can't. It is their job to know, understand and report accurately on this stuff. If they get it wrong then as a point of definition they are not doing their job and should really be reporting on cats stuck in trees for their local paper. It isn't as if the information is obscure and couldn't be gleaned from an hour a day of internet forum lurking after all... :dont know:

+1....I spoke to my sales contact at OPC Tonbridge, and he confirmed to me
that they'd been inundated with calls about the car..in two words 'fake news'.

That looks very sexy indeed. Looking forward to seeing the roadtests with CH etc. I must admit though I'm not completely 100% on the lack of rear wing. It somehow looks slightly odd. Surely they should at least have given it a ducky
:?:

.... Hold on, so this car is made for road but it's not available with PDK for those that want it

.... what's the point of this car...

I still want one though. Probably because I know I can't have it

nick w said:
....I spoke to my sales contact at OPC Tonbridge, and he confirmed to me
that they'd been inundated with calls about the car..in two words 'fake news'.

Quite honestly they deserve it and should be blaming Porsche AG themselves. You have to admit that the official press release was ambiguous to say the least.

I wonder how many more people, after receiving their copy of 'Porsche Post' this week and reading the full page article on it, will be tempted by the final sentence which says "The 911GT3 with the Touring Package costs - like the 911 GT3 - £111,802 RRP including VAT".

If cars like this aren't available to the majority of people that would like to buy one surely Porsche AG or Porsche GB should make it clear from the outset.

T8 said:
If cars like this aren't available to the majority of people that would like to buy one surely Porsche AG or Porsche GB should make it clear from the outset.

Actually: they do if you look on the configurator.

The index says Limited Availability and if you click to flesh out a spec anyway you also get a popup which reads "Thank you for your interest in the new 911 GT3. Please note that this model has limited availability. You are welcome to continue to use the Porsche Configurator, and for more information please contact your local Centre." They have been doing this since the GT4 too, so it isn't a new thing.

Ergo it really isn't acceptable for "journalists" to plead ignorance that it most assuredly is not a model available to people who are not preferred customers of the marque.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back