Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of a new exhaust

Beej160

Spa-Francorchamps
As per title, wanted some information about a new exhaust.
I've seen two on D911uk site

With cats
http://www.design911.com/Sports-Exhaust-Package--and18-to-27-bhp--Porsche-996-C2---C4/prod1559/

Without cats
http://www.design911.com/Sports-Exhaust-Package--20-27bhp--Porsche-996-C2---C4/prod6579/

I wanted to know if I get the package without cats, would the car still be UK emissions legal?

Alternatively, if someone here has a good used s/s exhaust for 2004 C4S, I'd be very interested to hear from you!

Cheers
Beej

Get sports cats and then remapped.

Not having cats will be hassle mot time with emissions and if you ever get pulled up in the UK or Europe they can do on the spot emissions and if you fail u r fooked.

Non turbo cars don't benefit as much as turbo cars with running straight through systems.

Cats help to control noise too so your car will be a lot louder without cats. Could fail at a lot of track days too. Depends on what you are happy with really.

I used the ebay £150 3:1 SS manifolds, existing cats, and the designtek supremacy boxes.

Sounds great , fitment is excellent, no CELS or codes triggered.

G

Have a look at the TOPGEAR exhausts they are very good quality and come with a lifetime you own the car warranty.

https://www.topgear.co.uk/exhausts

give Alex there a call tell him your a 911uk forum member and ask for 10% off the list prices . :thumb:

your options are 200cell will pass an MOT 100cell or catless wont or will be very hard to do perfect temps etc.
then either sports boxes or muffler delete if you want very very loud there will be no cel lights with muffler delete as the sensors are before the mufflers.

:thumb: :thumb:

I would recommend looking into the Topgear stuff... (they list on ebay and their own website)
- I have their x-pipe 200 cell sports cats (never had the slightest MOT issue), quite a few fourm members have full systems
- well mafe, good price, good service (can include going to them for fitting if you live in the south - think they're located in Kent from memory...?)

demon said:
I would recommend looking into the Topgear stuff... (they list on ebay and their own website)
- I have their x-pipe 200 cell sports cats (never had the slightest MOT issue), quite a few fourm members have full systems
- well mafe, good price, good service (can include going to them for fitting if you live in the south - think they're located in Kent from memory...?)

:thumb: Bridport Dorset

No cat ever installed in a exhaust system helped power output.

I'm not sure removing them is an mot fail assuming emmisons are still being met and you have no cell light on them all should be well. You can get cheater stubs for the later cars which have post cat sensors or a remap (some of the early cars don't have post cat sensors = no issues).

No cat ever installed in a exhaust system helped power output.

I'm not sure removing them is an mot fail assuming emmisons are still being met and you have no cell light on them all should be well. You can get cheater stubs for the later cars which have post cat sensors or a remap (some of the early cars don't have post cat sensors = no issues).

Thanks for the replies chaps. I do like the sound of the TG system. Will look on Ebay for a complete system if I can get hold of one.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back