Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Black Led Headlights

Edreamsz said:
Boba fett said:
Edreamsz said:
New997buyer said:
Edreamsz said:
Has anybody here bought the Black 997 led and xenon aftermarket headlights? If so, are you happy with them and please post a picture :)?

I am planning to buy a set, but I would like to know how the quality is.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

Your car, your choice. If you want them and like them then go for it. Just be aware that the reality is non OEM kit is known for variable quality - that's usually where your saving comes from. Buyer beware and all that.

But go for it if you like them. And ignore the comments from those who like to opine but do so with limited self awareness.

And wit.

Check out Cobra and his car on here as it's a lovely piece of work he has done. Worth sending him a PM too :thumbs:

Thanks for your reply. The quality of the performance is from what I have seen and read the same as the original. But the build quality is the thing I am worried about.

I just want them as an extra set for the car. But maybe buying an extra used oem set and painting them black is also a great option.

No one in their right mind would be driving a Peugeot-like-Porsche 991 Turbo right? :bandit:

Sensitive bunch today!!

Nothing wrong with black headlights I was referring to the quality! They look shocking.

It was just a bit of Dutch Sarcasm :D

I just decided to purchase an extra set of OEM Headlights. These are going to be popped open, painted matt black inside (only chrome part will be the ring around the projector lens) reassembled and get a gloss black vinyl trim around the outside ring.

The aftermarket headlights have a lot of problems. I got the chance to check 2 sets and they both had flaws. The biggest is a production flaw on the headlight lens itself (a little air bubble right in the center of the lens) 3 of the headlights had this.

This is the route I thought about going down, I have split headlights on RS4's, RS6's and BMW's and after the RS6 headlights that where a complete mare, I was left virtually no fingers left. I am put off doing any more.

Edreamsz said:
Boba fett said:
Edreamsz said:
New997buyer said:
Edreamsz said:
Has anybody here bought the Black 997 led and xenon aftermarket headlights? If so, are you happy with them and please post a picture :)?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

Your car, your choice. If you want them and like them then go for it. Just be aware that the reality is non OEM kit is known for variable quality - that's usually where your saving comes from. Buyer beware and all that.

But go for it if you like them. And ignore the comments from those who like to opine but do so with limited self awareness.

And wit.

Check out Cobra and his car on here as it's a lovely piece of work he has done. Worth sending him a PM too :thumbs:

Thanks for your reply. The quality of the performance is from what I have seen and read the same as the original. But the build quality is the thing I am worried about.

I just want them as an extra set for the car. But maybe buying an extra used oem set and painting them black is also a great option.

No one in their right mind would be driving a Peugeot-like-Porsche 991 Turbo right? :bandit:

Sensitive bunch today!!

Nothing wrong with black headlights I was referring to the quality! They look shocking.

I just decided to purchase an extra set of OEM Headlights. These are going to be popped open, painted matt black inside (only chrome part will be the ring around the projector lens) reassembled and get a gloss black vinyl trim around the outside ring.

The aftermarket headlights have a lot of problems. I got the chance to check 2 sets and they both had flaws. The biggest is a production flaw on the headlight lens itself (a little air bubble right in the center of the lens) 3 of the headlights had this.

Please try and do a progress in pictures thread when you do it as I am very interested in how easy they come apart and also how you manage to waterproof reseal them when finished . :thumb: :stay: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Phil 997 said:
Edreamsz said:
Boba fett said:
Edreamsz said:
New997buyer said:
Edreamsz said:

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

And wit.

Sensitive bunch today!!

Please try and do a progress in pictures thread when you do it as I am very interested in how easy they come apart and also how you manage to waterproof reseal them when finished . :thumb: :stay: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I've always used Tiger seal, probably better than factory for proofing.

Its a proper fiddly fvcking job though, one of those kid gloves one minute, sledgehammer the next, its impossible to do without a few beers !!

What you can achieve though....

Yes I have heard of tiger seal , looks like it does a nice job :thumb:

Tempted by a pair of these black headlights but put off by the quality issues. If anyone manages to source some quality ones do please let us know the supplier.

That Tiger seal is evil stuff, used it to bond the mesh grills to the spoiler and it was a proper messy job, sets like concrete though.

J Holmes said:
Tempted by a pair of these black headlights but put off by the quality issues. If anyone manages to source some quality ones do please let us know the supplier.

That Tiger seal is evil stuff, used it to bond the mesh grills to the spoiler and it was a proper messy job, sets like concrete though.

I've still got some on my eyelash, been there for months !!

Boba fett said:
J Holmes said:

Does that mean your eyelashes are waterproof Boba :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:
J Holmes said:

Does that mean your eyelashes are waterproof Boba :floor:

Yep I can't cry for toffee!!

+1 :thumb: for Tigerseal, used it numerous times for bonding stuff successfully but it can get messy! Turps seems remove it till it dries I've found.

Who in the UK sells these lights do we know, might give them a try.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back