Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which colour 911?

T8 said:
Any 911 looks great in (almost) any colour when viewed in isolation.

Sadly when seen in a group it is clear what the most common choice of colours are in the UK.

Don't get me wrong. I had a Seal Grey 996C4, a Polar Silver 997T and planned to buy a Meteor Grey 997T but when parked in a group of 911s they look Dull (with a capital D).

I've never regretted my current choice of colour and really think it works on my car but it wouldn't necessarily be my choice on another 911. I still love Seal Grey 996s - especially Turbos - and have always lusted after an Agate Grey 991 but I'm not sure I'd ever buy either.

Per my latest column in T911. I'd have yellow or orange as a first choice for a weekend car. Probably not though for a frequent use car. I wanted black when i was hunting for mine but a Meteor car ticked every box bar the colour preference so i bought it anyway and it looks at its best polished and viewed in the setting sun. probably 'cos its darker and heading towards black :) :floor:

This thread needs a bit of brightening up :puh:

Attachments

• 21640998_337488856721836_7421672076460069363_o_160.jpg
    21640998_337488856721836_7421672076460069363_o_160.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 2,766
Well firstly and more seriously the most important thing must be condition and spec that you want the colour is the heart bit . mine is Aqua Metallic, my old one was midnight and cobalt, lapis are also great colours top of the list must be Riviera but they are as rare a pulling a supermodel down my local ( just have to settle for her sister lol ) but as Monster so rightly pointed out Blue IS the new black. Under consideration when looking was also speed yellow and guards red, both proper Porsche colours . We do seem to fall into three groups those that like the loud Porsche colours and those that like the safer grey/silver tone options, and then the" It must be black" group there is no denying that Black has great depth to the colour and is an aggressive colour. I love them all even Macadamia well ok only Macadamia in bright sunshine lol . Then there are the California azzuro and the orange ones, just so many lovely and some very rare colours. Only you know what colour car you want to live with so take you time and find the best condition one you can in or as near to the colour you want. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1520_702.jpg
    img_1520_702.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 2,709
I do like the new Miami Blue colour cars 8)

Attachments

• 20170806_114346_423.jpg
    20170806_114346_423.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 2,705
TonyC911 said:

Agreed miami and mexico are both really great blues :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Well firstly and more seriously the most important thing must be condition and spec that you want the colour is the heart bit . mine is Aqua Metallic, my old one was midnight and cobalt, lapis are also great colours top of the list must be Riviera but they are as rare a pulling a supermodel down my local ( just have to settle for her sister lol ) but as Monster so rightly pointed out Blue IS the new black. Under consideration when looking was also speed yellow and guards red, both proper Porsche colours . We do seem to fall into three groups those that like the loud Porsche colours and those that like the safer grey/silver tone options, and then the" It must be black" group there is no denying that Black has great depth to the colour and is an aggressive colour. I love them all even Macadamia well ok only Macadamia in bright sunshine lol . Then there are the California azzuro and the orange ones, just so many lovely and some very rare colours. Only you know what colour car you want to live with so take you time and find the best condition one you can in or as near to the colour you want. :thumb:

Phil the Vertini Magic Concave look stunning. makes the car, then the colour Much love for this car. I'd go Ducktail or Aero rear spoiler. Perfection. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Phil 997 said:
Agreed miami and mexico are both really great blues :thumb:

Voodoo isn't too shabby either.

Available at Tonbridge OPC with change from £210k.

Boba fett said:
TonyC911 said:

Imagine if that was colour coded, I'm off to the toilet I might be some time !!

:floor: :floor:

TonyC911 said:
Boba fett said:
TonyC911 said:

Imagine if that was colour coded, I'm off to the toilet I might be some time !!

:floor: :floor:

Cooorrr, I'm back now, for some bizarre reason, I thought the car belonged to Halle Berry, I could be wrong though :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back