Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Longer seat bolts

paul987

Mexico City
I recently bought a airbag deactivation bar off of the bay of E...for £49 which is spot on :) But I need some long bolts to fit it to the seat apparently :dont know:
Does anyone know where you can buy them... also what size they should be :?:

Thanks

Hi Demort
I did wonder if that might be the case :?
I'm wondering if some of the extended bolts folks use to fit aftermarket seats may work :?:

I'm not actually using a official Porsche child's seat I just need to disable the airbag to fit my little one's recaro sport in.

Basically any longer bolt will work , you just need the type of head on it that you can do up / undo .

I think you need to code it to stop the passengers airbag though .. im not sure here , 997 you do have to but i cant remember 996 .. ill try to find out .

The actual seat doesn,t matter .. its a seat belt fixing you fit that plugs into the original loom from memory .. been many years since i fitted one im afraid .

I need to research this further i think , memorys not what it was and it must be 6 years plus since ive done this mod .
EDIT ..

Ok ignore my rubbish .. here might help ..

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...n/96-ELEC-Child_Seat_Air_Bag_Deactivation.htm

It's almost a standard M10 bolt.... almost.

The bolt is very slightly triangular and forms its own thread when it's fitted at the factory. An M10 will fit but is slightly loose and from what I've read, will eventually knacker the thread if you take it in & out repeatedly.

Ask an your OPC in the first instance. After that, I'd just chuck a decent hi-ten bolt in there.

Demort said:
Basically any longer bolt will work , you just need the type of head on it that you can do up / undo .

I think you need to code it to stop the passengers airbag though .. im not sure here , 997 you do have to but i cant remember 996 .. ill try to find out .

The actual seat doesn,t matter .. its a seat belt fixing you fit that plugs into the original loom from memory .. been many years since i fitted one im afraid .

I need to research this further i think , memorys not what it was and it must be 6 years plus since ive done this mod .
EDIT ..

Ok ignore my rubbish .. here might help ..

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...n/96-ELEC-Child_Seat_Air_Bag_Deactivation.htm

I'm just testing you... got to keep you on your toes :lol:
That's the guide I've been using.. :thumb: But sadly it still didn't tell me the bolt size
:dont know:
Now which way do I turn the bolt to undo it.. :oops: :lol:

Sundayjumper said:
It's almost a standard M10 bolt.... almost.

The bolt is very slightly triangular and forms its own thread when it's fitted at the factory. An M10 will fit but is slightly loose and from what I've read, will eventually knacker the thread if you take it in & out repeatedly.

Ask an your OPC in the first instance. After that, I'd just chuck a decent hi-ten bolt in there.

A ha... a M10 ish... that will do me Sundayjumper :thumb:
M10 plus thread lock à— standard bolt plus thickness of the bar = Jobs a good un.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back