Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Sourcing probs!

911munKy said:
BK911 said:
Mines at Parr now having a brand new MO30 fitted. Should drop it by 10-15mm.

Just to prepare you but I doubt that your car will sit any lower, the 10mm drop that M030 supposedly gives will be similar to how much your standard suspension has sagged over the years. Well that was the case with mine and several other folk, it is still a great package and will make your car feel noticeably better than the tired original suspension, it's firmer but not OTT and the ride height means that you don't annoyingly ground out during daily use.

911munKy, as long as it feels taut and fresh that's fine with me. hoping the dampers will feel a bit more like they're doing something. my car has 49k but sat still for many years. I could feel the suspension starting to work after 500 miles after buying her but could also feel it was numb and not really working. At some point you have to renew so thought I'd just get on with it before these MO30 kits disappear.

firmer but not ott is how Parr described it to me too... should be perfect! can't wait, got a call saying the front mounts needed changing too. new suspension on a 15 years old car can't be a bad thing and replacing with the Mo30 seemed appropriate.

any ride height lowering would be an aesthetic added bonus but it's an everyday car so like you say you wouldn't want it too low without a lift!! (Brothers 991RS has one of those cheeky gizmos
8) )

Out of interest how much did they charge for the ME030 kit?

£2405 (including vat) for the MO30 supplied and fitted.

I gave them freedom to recommend / replace any fatigued parts. In the end only the front top mounts needed replacing.. that and one seized bolt pushed it to just under £3k.

Doesn't feel vintage like anymore, it's a massive improvement. All the squeaks are gone (they did annoy me as I though it was the rear shelf every time I went over a bump!!) The old suspension was well past it's sell by date. New dampers now satisfyingly thud rather than float / bounce if that makes sense?!

911munKy said:
BK911 said:

Just to prepare you but I doubt that your car will sit any lower, the 10mm drop that M030 supposedly gives will be similar to how much your standard suspension has sagged over the years.

911munKY
You were spot on, I can't tell any aesthetic difference, but that's ok as it feels 100% better!

BK911 said:
911munKy said:
BK911 said:

Just to prepare you but I doubt that your car will sit any lower, the 10mm drop that M030 supposedly gives will be similar to how much your standard suspension has sagged over the years.

911munKY
You were spot on, I can't tell any aesthetic difference, but that's ok as it feels 100% better!

I think I will go for H&R/RUF Springs with ME030 dampers to give slightly more drop.

Sounds good for that tyre hugging GT / RS look. My brother did point this out to me, a bit more would have been nice! My worry was I didn't want to ruin its road compliance and without the luxury of being able to test drive I decided to stick with OEM.

Do those H&R / Ruff spring have a milder tension so it ride the bumps properly? A previous owner set up my old 964 with a Bilstein racing suspension, looked wicked but was a pain in the arse as the handling only really worked on track. It was awful on the road.

Go for it but be warned... If you want to track it then a no brainer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back