Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which colour 911?

RJW1881 said:
Mine is slate grey, after seeing it in the metal it was a deal breaker for me. The lighter grey one next to mine is the Seal grey.

Snap :D unfortunately there is a very limited choice in the reds-yellow-blue would loved to get a red one however not complaing with my slate grey

Attachments

• p1020567_127.jpg
    p1020567_127.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 5,133
I'm not keen on silver 911s but any other colour good with me depending on the model. Mine have all been dark blue of some description.

But love the turbo in black but then I would.

I was open minded when choosing a car so that I wasn't too limited on choice.
The 997 is such a great looking car that it suits almost every colour. Nothing wrong with a "boring choice" at all. Mexico blue, speed yellow or guards red would be my ideal colour. I absolutely love my midnight blue cabriolet but it's such a pain to keep clean!

Boba fett said:
daz parker said:
I do like a good debate and what's best then to talk about which is the best 911 colour.

I love them in black but I don't think it shows off how wide it's bum is and also a pain to keep clean.

Silver does show off the shape more in my opinion but could it be classed as a safe / boring colour.

Grey now that's a nice blend of both and what I'll try to find.

I think you are only going to get a preference on the colour people have mate.

Might be worth finding out what colour they have, why, and what would be their second choice, if there first was a no go.

So for me, it has to be black, I'm old school this is coming from the the Gillet 930 Turbo from the Ads to Condorman.

I would have grey a second choice I think it really looks good on a 997 also.

Told ya :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

For me it was right car spec, right price and colour 3rd priority.
Didn't really want black or silver though - mainly because my GT2 was black and silver isn't a favourite.

I'd have gone yellow over any other colour had choice been there but loved white when I saw it in the flesh.

Purple is my favourite colour but not sure I'd dare wrap the car... I have considered it though tbh!!!

Mines Basalt, its a pain to keep clean, but im a clean freak so it always is & i think it looks great. My fave though is probably Seal grey, my last one was & i think they look terrific.

Well I had decided Black was the only colour to go for...and then I saw a white one and immediately changed my mind. So Carrara White gets my vote.

PS - many people will already know this but just for info....When I first saw "Carrara" white written in an advert for a 911 - I thought it was a just a misspelling of Carrera - but I later discovered that the spelling Carrara was correct - it actually relates to a type of high quality white marble quarried in the city of Carrara in Tuscany, Italy

Shaoxter said:
Sadly 90% of people go for those safe/boring options :roll:

I didn't realise that certain colours had additional 'safety' features... :?:

As for me, I generally buy on condition and spec rather than colour. That said, I simply did not want Basalt Black or Arctic Silver on a 911, so wouldn't even go and look at examples in those colours, even in the most perfect spec. It's simply personal preference...

So for me, my dream list was either Meteor Grey or GT Silver - the latter being a really beautiful interpretation of silver, and so much more 'alive' that the flat looking Arctic Silver. I had an On/Off relationship with Carrara White, but any form of Blue, Red or Yellow was definitely a possibility.

In the end, I found one of my preferred colours with 14 of my top 17 specification requirements. The only spec items it lacked were TPMS, Bose and Rear Wiper, the latter 2, in particular, being well down the list anyway.

But colour, with the quoted definite exceptions, was pretty irrelevant overall.

My first 993 was Polar Silver, which I really loved - but Special Order aside, it wasn't available in a 997 Gen 2 - otherwise it would certainly have been up there with Meteor Grey and GT Silver.....

The best colour for a 911 is a matter of opinion... and location.

I bought white because Dubai. Dubai is difficult, because it's so hot and so dusty. And parking scrapes and dings are very common (white is supposed to be the easiest colour to repair). As such any dark car looks terrible and feels terrible. And any strong colour fades quickly (as a friend of mine pointed out, faded Guards Red looks pink...). So I went with white, and I love it.

Any 911 looks great in (almost) any colour when viewed in isolation.

Sadly when seen in a group it is clear what the most common choice of colours are in the UK.

Don't get me wrong. I had a Seal Grey 996C4, a Polar Silver 997T and planned to buy a Meteor Grey 997T but when parked in a group of 911s they look Dull (with a capital D).

I've never regretted my current choice of colour and really think it works on my car but it wouldn't necessarily be my choice on another 911. I still love Seal Grey 996s - especially Turbos - and have always lusted after an Agate Grey 991 but I'm not sure I'd ever buy either.

Midnight Blue....and wiiiiide

Attachments

• rear_137.png
    rear_137.png
    502 KB · Views: 2,841
T8 said:
Any 911 looks great in (almost) any colour when viewed in isolation.

Sadly when seen in a group it is clear what the most common choice of colours are in the UK.

Don't get me wrong. I had a Seal Grey 996C4, a Polar Silver 997T and planned to buy a Meteor Grey 997T but when parked in a group of 911s they look Dull (with a capital D).

I've never regretted my current choice of colour and really think it works on my car but it wouldn't necessarily be my choice on another 911. I still love Seal Grey 996s - especially Turbos - and have always lusted after an Agate Grey 991 but I'm not sure I'd ever buy either.

Boring car park, the white and red ones are nice though :thumb:

daz parker said:
I love them in black but I don't think it shows off how wide it's bum is and also a pain to keep clean.

It is a pain to clean, but I think its bum looks very nice.

IMG_1392.jpg

Condition, spec, colour in that order.
Have had White 3.2C, Red 964 and now Basalt 997T. Love them all but agree that a splash of colour in the current trend of dark metallics wouldn't go amis.

Ultimate Green on a Ford RS Focus is up there with my favourite colours and Lambourghini do a beauty called Ithicia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back