Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Dammit said:
That actually never crossed my mind - given the potential power upgrade coming with the 3.7 litre engine

Please tell me more about this!

Who is doing the build for you, what BHP do you expect?

More detail on the engine when it's a bit more defined- in the R&D phase at the moment.

GT3 brake ducts- I presume I want the 996.1 era GT3 parts?

Cool :thumb:

No, go for 997 GT3 ducts front and rear and be sure to buy them from your OPC, they cost less than £5, while other outlets are charging significantly more.

If you need the part numbers shout

They are handed so you will need one of each

997 GT3 Front Brake Ducts (997.341.483.92) & (997.341.484.92)

997 GT3 Rear Brake Ducts (997.331.487.92) & (997.331.488.92)

They are a very cheap mod

Dammit said:
Demort said:
Yes .. it looks like the A/C drain .. position should be just behind the n/s/f wheel and to the left of the tunnel .

That's exactly where it is - should it leak continuously for 8 hours?

Not really unless the engine was running ..

I would suggest squeezing that rubber part and it will open up , you may well have a bit of debris blocking it .. the alternative is to disconnect it from the heater box n/s/f and put an air line down it .

Perhaps next time its serviced or your in a garage for work then let them do it .

EDIT

If it was a problem though you would have wet carpets by now .

crash7 said:
They are handed so you will need one of each

997 GT3 Front Brake Ducts (997.341.483.92) & (997.341.484.92)

997 GT3 Rear Brake Ducts (997.331.487.92) & (997.331.488.92)

They are a very cheap mod

You'll need to trim a crescent shaped piece out of the 'blister' on the rear arch shield (you'll see when you fit the rear ducts) otherwise they'll rub. About 15mm at the centre of the blistered out section, tapered neatly does the job.

They're ordered so I'll bear that in mind when they turn up - thanks both.

This arrived today:

37182018476_ac47966a25_b.jpg

The Porsche mounting bracket is coming with the brake ducts.

Hi Dammit,
Talking to Ken at 9Excellence, he warned strongly against using certain types of powder extinguishers. Apparently some are very corrosive and do enormous harm to engine compartments if they are used.

Might be worth investigating?

Great to meet up and see your car, the suspension is excellent and I was very impressed by the ride, the whole car felt very taught and well controlled.

Looking forward to hearing how your projects develop.

Best Mike

Great thread and I admire your dedication. :thumb:

Thanks!

I called Jenvey yesterday, spoke to a chap in sales, said that I was interested in buying the ITB kit which they make for the M96 engines, and could he send me the technical data on them- found an email this morning (sent yesterday) saying "we don't have any data on them".

I find this surprising.

Hi Dammit.

This is an excellent thread, thank you for posting your updates.

There are clearly 2 schools of thought on the level and rate of expense at which you have committed to.

I don't think it matters either way! It's your car and you are making it perfect for you. Some spend £££'s on modifications, some spend more than others to acquire a later or higher specification derivative in the first place.

I respect what you have done so far, keep the posts coming. Looking forward to your engine rebuild updates :thumb:

It is ironic though that you didn't even want a Cab in the 1st place :?:

Yes, funny that - I'm glad I drove the car though rather than writing it off for being a cab as it turns out I really liked/like it.

As to the expenditure side of things I'm lucky enough to be well paid, it doesn't look like I'm going to have kids - and school fees for the cat are manageable.

I'm also really impatient.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back