Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A first trip to Zandvoort!

LaSource

Went to Zandvoort for the first time last week.
A very cool circuit! Really liked it. A good mixture of elevations, cambers, high speed, low speed, rhythmic flowing corners. A bit of every circuit in there - ring, spa, silly, etc.

Anyone else here been there? What did you think of it?

Clip of a lap below

Great lap mate ;)
Not been but hear great things about the circuit.
Just noticed you need to update your signature (to add your lovely 996GRGT3) :thumb:

Been a few times. Love it. We used to do a great double header with Spa. Noise nazi's can be spoilsports.

I am not a fan of the noise regs or the rather convoluted drive in to get there, but it is a great track. Stock 997.2 GT3 PASM gets a bit confused there so you have to drive around that, and you always get the impression that the Cat jockeys are having even more fun than you are, but I loved the circuit when I partook and would recommend to anyone.

We had no noise issues. Day 1 was a wet LOT day. A friend was in a 997 Cup car and he was fine too. Day 2 was a private day in the dry. Lots of noisy machinery including 991RSs, GT4s, Viper ACR, yet no one had noise issues. Maybe we had some sort of noisy day?

As for travel I went via overnight ferry from Harwich to Rotterdam. It means door to door travel distance is 150 miles from Surrey to ZV. Left home at 8pm, and was on circuit before 10am the next day. Plus a 6 hour sleep in the middle.

Senoj said:
Been a few times. Love it. We used to do a great double header with Spa. Noise nazi's can be spoilsports.

But mainly only when you're in the car (even as a passenger!) :floor:

NXI20 said:
Senoj said:

But mainly only when you're in the car (even as a passenger!) :floor:

Hmm. Too much screaming?
;)

No, nothing so obvious. I remember a day when every car Senoj went in (4 iirc) got black-flagged for noise, including mine. I've never been black-flagged at Zandvoort before or since.

Moral of the story: don't go out with Senoj at Zandvoort :wack:

NXI20 said:
No, nothing so obvious. I remember a day when every car Senoj went in (4 iirc) got black-flagged for noise, including mine. I've never been black-flagged at Zandvoort before or since.

That was just bad luck..

Senoj said:
NXI20 said:

That was just bad luck..

That's just too much bad luck...

Defo a screamer :)

Senoj said:
NXI20 said:

That was just bad luck..

Whadya mean ?...bad luck ?....load of old cobblers !. You just forgot /
deliberately avoided the advice of 'don't blat down the main straight at
full pelt, just lift or short shift, otherwise it'll trigger the noise nazi detector'

:roll:

That doesn't explain how Senoj manages to trip the noise meter while sitting in the passenger seat. Must be a gypsy curse or something :floor:

NXI20 said:
That doesn't explain how Senoj manages to trip the noise meter while sitting in the passenger seat. Must be a gypsy curse or something :floor:

Kind of spooky really....makes you think that someone is sticking pins in a
Jonesy voodoo doll when he's having a pax lap. :lol:

Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times :grin:

Roro said:
Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times :grin:

Yeah, that was imho a good effort.....did you eventually find the other gears ?.

Lol....sorry, having a crap morning😔

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back