Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newcomer and looking to purchase my dream car

jotaking said:
Looks like a good example and will come with the bullet proof 2 year OPC Warranty.

Only thing is....thought you wanted a 997T?

IMO wait for the right car. You don't want to be sat at the lights in the 996 next to a 997 and think...I wish I had one of them?

996 and 997 are both great cars. Just make sure you get the one you want most.

Save up a bit more, sell something or bin the missus.

You know it makes sense! :thumb:

I started off wanting the 996 Turbo and decided that it was too expensive so when looking at the 35k mark, then saw a few 997 T and thought mmm I like that as well should I stretch my budget and thought why not. My next thought was to get a decent 997T I would really need to stretch the budget but I can't stretch or maybe justify it either. I've now decided that's it's got to be a turbo but may have to go for the 996 T to get in a price point that I'm happy to pay.

This has been a harder decision than naming my kids 😂

I can remember the good old days when I was buying the family cars and my budget was 5k it was so much easier to get a car at that price point

I remember those days! My first Porsche was a 944 £3500 loved it!

This site a good place to be! Put a note up on the 996 forum asking if any members are thinking of selling and good luck!

My cousin is thinking about selling his 996 Turbo, Black on black, Manual, 104/5k but sh!t loads of S/H for £000's.

PM me and I will pass numbers.

:thumb:

Ive just noticed it has had 9 previous owners, is this something I should worry about

9 owners in 14 years isn't too bad.

As long as the history is correct and everything stacks up (with it being OPC I am sure it will).

If 996 is what you want then IMO this is the one.

Low miles
FPSH??
2 year OPC Warranty

Go for it! :thumbs:

It doesn't come with the warranty it's too old, they said they sold it last year to one of their customers and it had £8k worth of work done to it and this time they have spent £5k worth obviously all documented. I'm going in on Friday to see it and take it from there.

silvermilnec said:
I remember those days! My first Porsche was a 944 £3500 loved it!

This site a good place to be! Put a note up on the 996 forum asking if any members are thinking of selling and good luck!

There are 2 996Ts advertised in the for sale area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back