Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone drive LHD car in UK?

alex yates said:
I'd be looking for a UK registered left hooker......evades French speeding fines, parking tickets, etc.

Didn't that change recently Alex? Or it was certainly talked about.

alex yates said:
I'd be looking for a UK registered left hooker......evades French speeding fines, parking tickets, etc.

Good point :?:

Maybe a good option is to buy a LHD Boxster. Pick up a nice 987 or something similar for a year. :grin:

kas750 said:
Didn't that change recently Alex? Or it was certainly talked about.

There was supposed to be a new law implemented in May but as yet, I've not received any tickets for the flashes I had in July......and as far as I'm aware, neither has anyone else. :dont know:

Would've thought Brexit may hinder any chance of it progressing.

I drove a LHD 993 for 4 years in UK. Really wasnt an issue. Overtaking you drop back a little further to get a better view but have the power under your foot so not a big issue.

Plan carefully as you pull up to entry ticket machines, then slide over to the right, but be careful not to rip your trousers (or scratch the seats if wearing jeans) or get a 'litter collector' for extracting ticket.

PLUS if its 993 the pedals are set up in alignment to the seat as opposed to offset on RHD 993s.

I had a LHD 964 C4 for some 12 years in the UK and never had a problem with it.
The above post from Martyn1 absolutely nails it re: overtaking and pedals position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back