Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter Storage

antsurf76

Hi everyone,

I've decided that i'm going to put my C4 in a garage for winter and take it off the road. Probably November to April.

At the moment it lives on the drive and although I have a good quality breathable cover it is out in the elements for the majority of time. I use it about once a week/fortnight and currently do about 3 - 4000 miles a year.

What advice do any of you have for storing it for a long period?

I was going to put it on a trickle charger and probably start it once a fortnight?

Do I need to do any more?

Thanks

Anton

Trickle charger or even better disconnect the battery, overinflate the tyres a bit and don't start it.
Fill it with fuel

Is the temperature reasonably constant in the garage, any damp?

I usually just put my cars on a trickle charger or disconnect the battery and nothing else, never had a problem.

MC

I keep my car outside most of the time. I have a tailored quality cover but the car still got very damp.
I invested in an outdoor Carcoon. It is a great thing in providing dry non damp storage for my car. It also has a trickle charger included. It leaves my garage free for other duties
A friend has had an indoor one for a few years whom recommended them to me.

Beware of their delivery dates, and do not believe a word they say on the subject.
Their definition of customer service is, don't answer the phone, and don't respond to emails.

In my experience, As a product they are great. As a company they are s**t.
But they are worth the wait.

I thought we were not meant to be filling cars full as the fuel separates? I imagine this is only factor for long period of storing and not a winter store though.

leaving it in a damp garage is probably worse than what you are currently doing. carcoons are good, especially the framed ones - cheaper than rust repairs too

backitoff said:
I keep my car outside most of the time. I have a tailored quality cover but the car still got very damp.
I invested in an outdoor Carcoon. It is a great thing in providing dry non damp storage for my car. It also has a trickle charger included. It leaves my garage free for other duties
A friend has had an indoor one for a few years whom recommended them to me.

Beware of their delivery dates, and do not believe a word they say on the subject.
Their definition of customer service is, don't answer the phone, and don't respond to emails.

In my experience, As a product they are great. As a company they are s**t.
But they are worth the wait.

Hi, would you be able to post a picture of your outdoor carcoon in action? This is something I have considered. :thumb:

Sure. Apologies for the delay.
Porsche stuffed liver sausage :thumb:

Attachments

• image1_999.png
    image1_999.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,451

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo