Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 replica seats in a 996

+1

Yes, details on the cage please, going to do it anyway, sod the Insurance increase :grin:

kurlykris said:
+1

Yes, details on the cage please, going to do it anyway, sod the Insurance increase :grin:

Does Insurance increase with these? My Insurance company was happy with interior modifications, including these bucket seats, as they didn't add power! The exhaust on the other hand :?:

Jay. said:
kurlykris said:
+1

Does Insurance increase with these? My Insurance company was happy with interior modifications, including these bucket seats, as they didn't add power! The exhaust on the other hand :?:

Depends who your Insurance company are. I was with a mainstream company who quoted a renewal with these interior mods but refused to insure when I wanted to go through with it.

I followed a link on here to AIB Insurance who not only insured the car with the mods, but also did me a multicar policy so I could insure the Porsche and my daily BMW.

Jay. said:
kurlykris said:
+1

On the original thread that this was lifted from I remember Steve996 saying he had to change insurers
:?:

I can`t find the thread now :frustrated:

Hi All. It's been a while and because of a career changes I'm now going to be selling my GT3 Cage and Design 911 Seats and I know there was some interest on here for them.

To remind you what they look like:-

36497360153_db526208fb_k.jpg

36497361583_c1205b8110_k.jpg

37120366876_9894ef7def_k.jpg

36497359803_b15a31aa19_k.jpg

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Hey it's been nearly five years. How are these rep seats holding up? Would you buy them again?
In another note, I've also got the Prototipo wheel on my 996.1, it's on the other side though!

Hi Unscented,

I think I bought these off Steve when he sold them.
I had them retrimmed in grey to match my old C2 interior. Lovely seats and they're still going strong as far as I know. Adam on here owns the car now.

They're lovely seats and almost identical to the GT3 items, which are very comfortable despite initial appearances.
They are a touch narrower than the genuine ones which is fine if you're slim but worth bearing in mind if not.

One small observation, not really a criticism but anyway, is the top section around the shoulders has a tiny bit more flex in it if you purposefully push into it with your shoulders and move around.
It's rarely felt during driving, only when as above you purposefully 'test" the stiffness.

I'd definitely recommend them but Design911 can often be hard to deal with.
If a nice used set came up though I'd snap them up if I needed some. The carbon is very nice on them and Poppopbangbang (forum member and motorsport guru) X-ray tested his and they were well made.

There are other options but most of them look 'wrong" in my eyes. 996s should have this style bucket IMO, just like 964s should have Pole Positions. I'm a bit of a fanny though. :grin:

Oh and if you do find some, don't bother with the crappy aftermarket runner kit. The sidemounts fit straight onto 996 seat runners which feel way nicer and are better quality.

Agree with Marky, they are great. Been in mine over 2 years, like them on road and on track. Look the part too :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Adam on here owns the car now.

They're lovely seats and almost identical to the GT3 items

You called - :grin: :thumb:

Not a great interior shot I'm afraid but you can still see the seats 😂 and this was taken top of horseshoe pass (wales) on summer road-trip.
Car (& seats) still 👌🏻 Mark 👍🏻

3-C0-FDD13-CF1-A-4-F8-C-806-D-5-C0-F9-DA7-D695.jpg

Yes I posted a link in another thread about a month ago but they are only available from an American site

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back