Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Vehicle Tracking System Plus

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but looking into Insurance on my recently ordered GTS and my insurers have told me that I need to get a tracker device fitted.

It seems that the PVTS+ is on the Thatcham approved list, so I'll probably just pay the subscription fee and be done with it. Has anyone else done this recently, and if so, can you confirm that cost. Also, do you still have to carry the annoying fob everytime you use the car? I would hope that in this day and age they have something more sophisticated, but I have a feeling that this might not be the case....

Any feedback gratefully received.

First year is included in the cost of the car (if new).

Think I paid £215 for my annual renewal this year in April.

To my knowledge, 2 fobs still come with the car. Normally carry one in my wallet.

I received 3 fobs with my car (one new in its packaging) and the system is disabled. Unless the annual subscription cost can be recovered via cheaper Insurance (shop around, not all insurers insist on a tracker) then it's more trouble than it's worth. I'd rather not see the car again if it does get stolen!

Cheers guys, this is what I had with my 991.1 C2S a few years ago, and it was a pain. I'm hoping that with the newer 991.2's Porsche have upped their game and come up with a better solution.

Anyone with a 991.2 able to comment?

I have it on my 991.2 and can confirm that its the same two fobs which are required.

I actually had the system fitted to my RRS by Cobra (aftermarket) and its the exact same package.

I can't remember how much I paid I am afraid as I just handed my card to the guy at Porsche Reading and ignored him as I was so excited to just get in the car....

Bad news. Silly fobs are still part of the solution.

Once you get registered with the Porsche Connect Portal then your sign up for the security services. Its £266 pa or £476 for 2 years.

Another bad point - if the battery on the fob runs low, you get a warning message on your display each time you start the car.

I don't have the system active but still need to change the batteries ...

I recently had the message on my dash on the Cayenne warning , no communication........changed the battery new for old .... No change .... Called vodka phone help number ...they recommended a reset at ..the local
dealer...

Hmm.....dealer is 3 hours away from me ........

But ....delivered the car to .OPC Glasgow ..whilst I swanned off to Jersey for aWeek with family ......they did the reset ,valeted my car (,did a decent job of it too).... Car was ready at no cost on my return .......

Good service fae the Glesgae team !!

And the th**ves at Vodafone will not give you a refund on the unused part of the year when you trade your car in...

Look at the Smartrak tracker. No fob and you get an app so you can keep an eye on the car's location.

Time to re-new... can't believe that its coming to the start of year 3 already. :D

As far as I am aware, the difference between the standard tracker that I have on my Range Rover and the system fitted in my 991.1 is that if my RR is stolen, nobody knows until I notice it's missing. I then report it as stolen and they track it. With the 911, if the fob is not in the car when it is stolen then The tracking company knows straight away. The difference being the RR could be stolen from my driveway whilst I am away on holiday and will be in Africa by the time I get back. The 991 fob system is better - an extra item to carry whenever I drive is no issue to me.

Yes, it's been a good system. Simply third year renewal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back