Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

REN 993. It's time to move on.

alex yates said:
Cue all members now wacking their reg plates in Cazana :grin:

They value mine at just short of £15k :)

Haha
Shows a pic of my previous 993 and lists it as :
"2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Turbo"
A mix of my previous 993 C4 and current 996 turbo :hand: :floor:

Adam I'll give you £15k for yours!

Stuart - GLWS as I said on FB.

It's a real beauty. That's pretty much my perfect spec for a NB car and gives me something to aspire to with my car. :worship:

I noticed the reference to a strengthening bar to prevent/remedy 'spoiler warp' but couldn't find a mention of it in the maintenance thread. Any more info available please?

GLWTS

madge said:
It's a real beauty. That's pretty much my perfect spec for a NB car and gives me something to aspire to with my car. :worship:

I noticed the reference to a strengthening bar to prevent/remedy 'spoiler warp' but couldn't find a mention of it in the maintenance thread. Any more info available please?

GLWTS

Thank you!

The rear spoiler on 993s tends to warm over the years from the heat of the engine. If you look closely, the curve of the spoiler won't follow the curve of the bodywork. I guess Porsche know this as they introduced a reinforcement bar, to be fitted in the rear spoiler which reintroduces the correct curve of the spoiler again and stops it going out of line. I'll have to dig out the part number this evening and will let you know :thumb:

ETA - somebody posted the perfect link, above :thumbs:

Cracking car thumbs: not sure how easy to sell privately mind? Good luck with it :thumb:

RobIpswichUK, mohitos - Thank you both. :thumb:

the problem as ever is finding a buyer to part with £50k+ in cash by bank transfer etc to a private seller. people get scared, even with a full inspection by an indy. its a leap of faith at times with no real come backs, so good luck and hope it sells. my last buy was in Northern Ireland and it cost me 2 trips (one to view, one to collect and pay) from a private seller, however the advantage was a drive round Ireland in the R8 and then home by ferry. :thumb:

Selling privately certainly has its challenges. On the flip-side, I like buying privately, as I get to understand exactly the sort of person that's cared for a car. They say people buy from people, so a buyer is very welcome to check me out!

Wise words.

mohitos said:
Selling privately certainly has its challenges. On the flip-side, I like buying privately, as I get to understand exactly the sort of person that's cared for a car. They say people buy from people, so a buyer is very welcome to check me out!

:agree:

Somehow I missed this breaking news... Good luck with the sale!

Tobesetc said:

Madalaa said you had a 'belly ache' so couldn't make it for the curry :dont know:

Zingari said:
Tobesetc said:

Madalaa said you had a 'belly ache' so couldn't make it for the curry :dont know:

Truth be told, Madalaa gave me a drinking master-class on Saturday night and I still couldn't function on Tuesday! :drink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back