Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought a 996 C4s.. (8 years after selling my 964)

Re: M030

The Lone Ranger said:
Yes the M030 kit is still available, just bought kit from Porsche. Great addition in my opinion. :thumb:

Sounds pricey being an OEM dealer setup? I was thinking along the lines of H&R/RUF springs and ME030 dampers from design911.

The alpine double din sounds interesting.....do you have a link?

Welcome back - the C4S is a fanatsastic machine! (Biased opinion of course)

I have KW coilovers on mine, they are a great choice if your budget can stretch!

What a great position to be in with the house, family etc - congrats :thumb:

.. Lovely miles/spec and peace of mind with the recent work carried out.

Enjoy :drive:

C4-STORM said:

thanks for the comments, so many like minded owners.

C4-storm, after working my way up to the 964 that I had to sell in order to raise cash for a bigger home.. bought an Alfa GTV 2.0 for £1200, drove it for two years put on 20,000 miles and sold it for £700... :lol: makes this 996 even more satisfying, not missing out on a great drivers car.

Just paid the same amount as my old Alfa for an MO30 suspension kit :thumb:

Enjoying the 911 honeymoon..

So far this week I've committed to suspension. Car goes in today!

Notice you've got the K&N Induction Filter System, would you recommend? Some induction noise would be good, did you fit it yourself?

I'd like to try and get to know my car by doing some bits myself.

Re: M030

BChivs said:
The Lone Ranger said:
Yes the M030 kit is still available, just bought kit from Porsche. Great addition in my opinion. :thumb:

Sounds pricey being an OEM dealer setup? I was thinking along the lines of H&R/RUF springs and ME030 dampers from design911.

The alpine double din sounds interesting.....do you have a link?

Discussed the MO30 setup with my Porsche Indie, it sound perfect for my sort of driving. They've just done one for another 996 owner who was v happy, I'm not going to track it. Just want it to add tautness, feel planted but not too firm and stay OEM.

Alpine :-
https://www.alpine-usa.com/index.php/product/view/apple-wireless-carplay-ilx-107

Should look neat and tidy, looking into how to move the AirCon down to the bottom of the consul in front of the gearstick... should take up a weekends work!!

T8 said:
:welcome: to the kettle club.

An added + is that at 49k miles now it's never going to be a super-collectable investment so you can enjoy driving it as well as looking at it.

Have fun :thumbs:

You got it. I've always used my cars everyday (except the Elise, runs on semi slicks)and enjoyed them all the time rain or shine. 964 ran so well because of this very reason. I've picked this car with this in mind, it's not a £30k+ Concours winner with super low mileage but it's not too high either.. hoping it will be reliable and keep me entertained. If the market remains where it is then I maybe a 911 winner, if not then I get to drive a fab drivers car 365 days of the year!!

BK911 said:
C4-STORM said:

thanks for the comments, so many like minded owners.

C4-storm, after working my way up to the 964 that I had to sell in order to raise cash for a bigger home.. bought an Alfa GTV 2.0 for £1200, drove it for two years put on 20,000 miles and sold it for £700... :lol: makes this 996 even more satisfying, not missing out on a great drivers car.

Just paid the same amount as my old Alfa for an MO30 suspension kit :thumb:

Enjoying the 911 honeymoon..

So far this week I've committed to suspension. Car goes in today!

Notice you've got the K&N Induction Filter System, would you recommend? Some induction noise would be good, did you fit it yourself?

I'd like to try and get to know my car by doing some bits myself.

Hi Brij.

I am recently into mine by 3 weeks or so. Had plenty of motors over time and always, always wanted a 911 since I 1st ever saw one!

I purchased mine from a chap called Steve in Stoke. SJB Classics. Steve was fairly knowledgeable as a fully trained technician by trade. He restores AM's for a living.

This was his 5th C4S over the years, his sister bought his previous one which he showed me as she lives in the next street from him. Anyway, he did a lovely restoration job on mine and I intend to keep it that way. Lots of replacement items fitted such as exhausts, top mounts, A/C condensors, coil packs, plugs .. the usual. The bodywork is immaculate and mostly original aside from front bumper.

With regards the filter induction kit, it was also recently fitted by him. I personally love the set-up however have nothing to compare it to being a 1st time Porsche owner. This is also my 1st rear engine car, so like a lot of us probably, a completely new and supreme driving experience all-round.

I would definitely recommend the K&N induction system and my exhausts which are the Design Tek back boxes - the whole setup is quiet enough when trundling about at normal speeds but sounds really awesome when I open her up. Plenty of compliments have been received :lol:

I don't have PSE on mine so this almost makes up for it and loads less in terms of replacement costs which is a plus point for not having PSE.

A sensible set-up which puts a smile on my face every time 8)

Like a lot of other fellow C4S owners, I stretched my initial budget to gain access to a wide-body variant for all the same reasons in terms of possible gains plus the satisfaction of probably the next best thing to a turbz..

Hey C4-Storm,

Thanks for the feedback. K&N on the bucket list.

Just dropped the car into my Indie for full MO30 suspension upgrade.

On the 25th i get the Alpine Double Din fitted (relocating the air con to the bottom in front of the gear stick) and a reversing camera. Early November the leather interior gets a full refurbishment and all the little nicks and scratches on the trim sorted. Then mid November I'm getting the Gundo Hack (Paul) done to the existing exhaust. I'm not looking for more power, just want the sound.

Hopefully this will make my car feel fresh... it's so much car for Ford Focus money :grin:

Word from my Indie is they've had a lot of 996 inquiries recently and people like us are investing in their cars... They reckoned C4s bottomed out around £17-18k a couple of years ago as has been suggested on here, a decent manual car is now £24k +... a credible car dealer I know has snapped a few up.. he's restoring them and carrying out the upgrades (IMS etc) and will be selling them for £30k+

Wish I'd done this a few years ago!

Picked the car up yesterday from its first upgrade.... MO30 Sports suspension. DONE :D

First impression was it looks exactly the same :dont know:

Second impression after 10 mins pulling onto the M23 is it feels 100% better.. Car doesn't rattle or feel floaty. It's now taut, direct and planted. I now have real confidence in its cornering ability... in fact it's nuts!! So much grip :thumbs:

V v happy!

Great thread, welcome on board!

Took me a while to like the 996 when a friend let his 993 C2s go but I got there in the end. This was well over 10 years ago now. Sobering to think I could have maybe got a car like yours for the sane price as my Cayman had I looked two years ago.

Look forward to your updates.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Great thread, welcome on board!

Took me a while to like the 996 when a friend let his 993 C2s go but I got there in the end. This was well over 10 years ago now. Sobering to think I could have maybe got a car like yours for the sane price as my Cayman had I looked two years ago.

Look forward to your updates.

Thanks mate, kind words.

The holy grail of a 993 C2s or C4s is sadly out of my reach..

My strategy is v clear. A widebody 911 that I can afford (just!) to run properly and use everyday.

Mid 20s for this sort of car is still unbelievable value... A 993 equivalent with 50k miles... A 997 equivalent with 50k miles... A 991 with equivalent miles!!!

All equivalent widebody 911's are double / triple to purchase. 996 still being undervalue allows me to splash out on it... spending just under £3k on new suspension was the best money I ever spent, I've brought life back to this wonderful car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back