Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Intermittent Wash/Wipe

pugw$sh

I'm continuing to have faults with the intermittent wash wipe on the 996; the wash wipe interval is between 2 minutes and about 30 minutes.
Previously reseating the relay had it working briefly, but it soon packed in again.
I have changed the relay, which had no effect and now I have removed the switch and tested the potentiometer; the resistance varies between 35 and 235 kilo ohms.
This seems pretty high to me, does anybody know what should the value be?
Any other area to investigate? (it is a 1999 C2)

I have to admit ive never checked the resistance for the pot. but those readings seem way too high to me if you mean 35 K ohms as the lower reading .

Theres also very few things it can be , i can only think of the relay and the Pot off hand .. cant really see a wiring fault being the cause.

As far as im aware its the Pot that regulates it .

The problem must lie away from the switch; I've just disconnected the switch and nothing has changed, put the intermittent wash/wipe on and the wipers still wipe once every few minutes. I'm now wondering if I have a wire break along the line somewhere, I'll have to test the resistance on the wire at the relay holder.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back