Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which would you choose and why?

Which would you choose?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Neither.... please explain why?

• Total voters

Lovely colour and spec. 1 owner, great history.. Main costly items sorted.

Good luck

996.2 looks sharper and more modern, the Aero kit really makes it look special over the jelly mold one. This is the reason I chose a 3.6 over a 3.4 originally and my views haven't changed to this day.

The 3.4 is gaining an uprising due to its classic looks but I still like the 3.6 more.

Looks like the 3.6 is near you, go and see it. Strange that they seems to think the 6 speed manual is rare then don't mention the options it has.

My 2p worth GT3 aero kits are less common on the 996.2 ... therefore it's a little more unusual = 8) 996.2 would get my vote :thumb:

996.1 vs 996.2

Its down to personal preference, but having owned both, I much prefer the 996.2. More power, has variocam, and quite a lot of changes under the skin.
I also think the 996.2 is a better looking car. :thumb:

Thanks so far. I'm going to see the 996.2 on Saturday....

996.1 as the GT3 kit is way nicer. The car is much lower mileage and also the 3.4's will be worth more in the future. Some also say they are less likely to have bore score.

I don't really like the spoiler on the 996.2. Or the mileage. 996.1 for me. If it's in really top condition.

I thought this was a general poll when I responded 996.1, not related to two specific cars!

But I still prefer the 996.1. Very personal preferences, but I don't like the 996.2 headlamps, I do like the 996.1 lamps, which flow with the rest of the design. I don't like the squared off front bumper corners of the .2; again unresolved and at odds with the rest of the car. Finally I have a pet hate or twist alloys. They look like they're on "backwards" on the right hand side of the car because they're not left/right handed. Add in the greater perceived risk of 3.6 engine failure and my mind is made up! Purely IMHO of course !

Griffter said:
Finally I have a pet hate or twist alloys. They look like they're on "backwards" on the right hand side of the car because they're not left/right handed.

Same...hence why I try to take pics of my car from one side only :sad:

:thumb:

I prefer the 996.2, having one owner and a stack of receipts might put me at ease with the mileage. Great options list too and it's RWD rather than AWD. Would be interested to see if it's had the IMS and RMS changed with the clutch replacement. If so it might be one to stick tape over the odometer and drive it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back