Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche unveils 991.2 GT3 Touring Package as 'purist's' 911

tom_nieto said:
Apparently it's not a limited edition one, so presumably any old Tom Dick or Harry could get on the waiting list.

This isn't a new model line and won't be available to "riff raff" :sad:

It's an option for the GT3, therefore only available to people with a GT3 slot with builds for next year!

I suspected it wouldn't be that easy.

I do wonder who would compromise on the GT3 goodness for a watered down version?

IMO the tourer would have been better with a new RS lump in it??

As it stands, it just needs a tow hook and caravan to match.

I like it, but all that it actually is amounts to a no-cost option to delete the rear spoiler on a non-Clubsport manual 991.2 GT3. [People paying attention will also be aware that deleting the rear wing for a standard GTS rear deck was something that has been done aftermarket to the 991.1 GT3 by owners in the past, so this is far from a revolution].

The market of it is consequently pretty big as frankly quite a lot of GT3 buyers have no real interest in the track. So frankly, it is just a fairly sensible option for the GT3 for those who are able to secure build slots.

clapping.gif

Cameo said:
Apparently it's still only a two seater. Arse.

Didn't they confirm no rear seats? I was getting excited...

acamp76144 said:
Cameo said:
Apparently it's still only a two seater. Arse.

Didn't they confirm no rear seats? I was getting excited...

Definitely no rear seats on the Configurator. :sad:

Not sure that I really like the Touring Pack, but even if I did, would need to have one of the GT3 build slots. From what I can make out, Belfast OPC may have 12-15 slots in 2017/18, so at 46th on the list I have no chance. :what:

I'd rather like one as a daily drive, but as has already been mentioned, if you
don't already have a build slot for the GT3, you can't spec it and therefore
you can't have one !. :roll:

Fantastic looking car, guards red with grey wheels please :D

nick w said:

It depends on whether you believe the 'Porsche GB spokesman' quoted in this weeks AutoCar magazine.

"Buyers just need to get a regular slot on the production line. It's not a limited run car".

Porsche themselves had already said ..... "The model is not limited in production numbers and unlike other GT models such as the 911R there is no allocation to sell out."

Get your name down Nick. :wink: :thumbs:

T8 said:
nick w said:

It depends on whether you believe the 'Porsche GB spokesman' quoted in this weeks AutoCar magazine.

"Buyers just need to get a regular slot on the production line. it's not a limited run car".

Porsche themselves had already said ..... "The model is not limited in production numbers and unlike other GT models such as the 911R there is no allocation to sell out."

Get your name down Nick. :wink: :thumbs:

My name is already down !....and 'it's not my turn' !. Having lost out on
getting the 2RS, the car I'm next waiting for will be the GT4 RS with a 4L
flat six lump, lower gearing, multi link rear suspension. That will be an
absolute belter....realistically though, this will be a late 2018/2019 car.

nick w said:
My name is already down !....and 'it's not my turn' !.

This will be a real test for Porsche's claims.

If it's genuinely an unlimited production run car then anybody should be able to order one and not wait any longer for it than they would a Boxster/Cayman/Carrera. They're all 'built to order' on the same production line.

I suspect that the 'get out' from Porsche will be that the 991.2 will be superseded by the 992 (?) and that all build slots for 991.2 based cars will be taken before everyone wanting a GT3T can be made.

A definite :popcorn:

T8 said:
nick w said:
My name is already down !....and 'it's not my turn' !.

This will be a real test for Porsche's claims.

If it's genuinely an unlimited production run car then anybody should be able to order one and not wait any longer for it than they would a Boxster/Cayman/Carrera. They're all 'built to order' on the same production line.

I suspect that the 'get out' from Porsche will be that the 991.2 will be superseded by the 992 (?) and that all build slots for 991.2 based cars will be taken before everyone wanting a GT3T can be made.

A definite :popcorn:

It's not an 'unlimited production run', and it's not a separate model. Autocar
were bang out of order making claims that you could get one. This 'model'
as everyone can see if they check the configurator, does not exist, it's simply
not there. It's an option on the GT3 configurator and if you don't have a slot
for one of those, you can't have one !.

nick w said:
It's not an 'unlimited production run', and it's not a separate model. Autocar
were bang out of order making claims that you could get one. This 'model'
as everyone can see if they check the configurator, does not exist, it's simply not there. It's an option on the GT3 configurator and if you don't have a slot for one of those, you can't have one !.

I wonder if this is a classic case of something getting lost in translation.

The official website announced that a 'Touring Package' was being released which would support the apparent fact that it's just an option that an unlimited number of existing GT3 slot holders can select.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pro...e-manual-transmission-rear-spoiler-14133.html

That said, I can fully understand why the world of motoring journalists could interpret the release as the announcement of a whole new model.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back