Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brakes and Warranty Renewal

Sebro discs are £153 each at ECP without any weekly discount. That's some mark up by the OPC.

s70rjw said:
Sebro discs are £153 each at ECP without any weekly discount. That's some mark up by the OPC.

I picked some Sebro ones last week from ECP with 50% off with one of there 2 hour specials.

The pads I bought from Porsche pre-warranty renewal had the Pprshce part number and Textar printed on them. I picked up some spare Textar pads for the next change from Autodoc for a fraction of the cost the wear sensors also were about 25% of the Porsche price.

OEM are Sebro discs and Textar pads.

Thank you

So a quick update, now that I have replaced the rear discs and pads.

The rear pads I removed were made by Textar, and the OEM ones I bought were made by Galfer (Italian). Given the front pads fitted were made by Jurid and the rears were Textar when the car passed its 111 point check, it seems that Porsche supply different brands as OEM, which are manufactured to the same design and therefore pass inspection. I will likely fit Textar pads to the front, rather than paying £250 for OEM.

The discs however are a different matter. I have done some more research and as you can see on one of the labels on the disc, I now understand that these are manufactured exclusively for Porsche by SHW (Germany). As far as I can tell it is not possible to purchase Porsche discs from SHW through any other route (likely due to a strict contract with Porsche).

I could not find any distinguishing marks or branding on the discs (other than the removable labels), so unfortunately I cannot comment on how close other manufacturers discs look similar to the OEM version and if they are designed to the same blueprint.

Attachments

• 20170909_121632_863.jpg
    20170909_121632_863.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 6,632
wasz said:
christ what a faff.

:floor: Yes, I agree!

Although, I did save myself about £1,400 by doing the this myself!

Afternoon Gentlemen.

After reading this thread I bought from EuroCar Parts some Sebro discs for my 997.1 Carrera S having entered the car registration in their website. They appear to be the right bits of kit but I thought I'd check, as best I can, against the part numbers in the 997.1 PET.

There is a difference between them: front left listed as 996 351 409 02 but on the ECP/Sebro box 996 351 409 04. Same story with the other corners: front right PET 996 351 410 02 vs Box 996 351 410 04, rear left PET 996 352 405 00 vs Box 996 352 405 02 and finally rear right PET 996 352 406 00 vs what's on the box 996 352 406 02. That's a lot of numbers there. Sorry.

I've no idea what the difference in these parts may be so before I try and fit them I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has any (relevant!) advice? Can they be safely fitted? Is there a difference?

TonyC911 said:
The discs however are a different matter. I have done some more research and as you can see on one of the labels on the disc, I now understand that these are manufactured exclusively for Porsche by SHW (Germany). As far as I can tell it is not possible to purchase Porsche discs from SHW through any other route (likely due to a strict contract with Porsche).

I could not find any distinguishing marks or branding on the discs (other than the removable labels), so unfortunately I cannot comment on how close other manufacturers discs look similar to the OEM version and if they are designed to the same blueprint.

The Turbo has SHW discs and you are correct that SHW do not supply them to after-market traders under a strict supply agreement with Porsche. The OEM discs for the turbo cannot be (as sometimes stated: Sebro, Pagid, Textar etc.)

Those brands may be suppliers for NA 996 and 997 cars, bit not for the Turbo.

The Discerning Driver said:
I've no idea what the difference in these parts may be so before I try and fit them I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has any (relevant!) advice? Can they be safely fitted? Is there a difference?

The last 2 numbers are often incremented when a part is superseded with a newer design / different supplier. You may be looking at an older version of the PET.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back