Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carbon fibre mirror triangles 997 boxster cayman

Nattyboy

Brand new unused Euro cup GT carbon mirror triangles. For 997 and 987 boxster/Cayman gen2 models (2004-2012)

£85

Attachments

• img_1299_992.jpg
    img_1299_992.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,490
Illustration of fitted parts (these are new and unused).

Attachments

• img_1304_155.jpg
    img_1304_155.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,487
I ll take them please

Now sold

Thanks Nat, all fitted and looking good!

You're welcome mate !

How hard were they to fit?

You need to remove both mirror assemblies from car, Torx screws on inside behind inner triangle.

The mirror and casing need to be disassembled. Single screw on lower mirror body and be careful you dont break the moulded tabs on the plastic casings.

The mirror arm is fixed to the outer triangle with 3 small T8 Torx self tappers.

Remove the rubber gasket and you should be able to remove the mirror mechanics from the triangle by squeezing the arms gently.

Assembly is a reverse of the above. Fit the gasket after you have the mechanics through the triangle.

The small Torx self tappers were too small for the Carbon triangles, so either fill with epoxy or use a piece of cocktail stick inserted into hol;e in C/F part to give the retaining screws something to bite onto.

Nicely moulded and a massive weight saving :puh: :puh:

Attachments

• _sam8153reduced_144.jpg
    _sam8153reduced_144.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 2,246
Doesn't sound too complicated apart from that last bit you mentioned. Does look cool, I am thinking of a splash of exterior CF on my motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back