Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black tips and badges installed....

Martian said:
Love the tips! :thumb:

I agree the tips look great ,looks better finish than the OEM chrome which gets sooty every run out , the black tips would not show this ....how will the finish stand up to the daily grind , time & report will tell .......!!

911TEL said:
Martian said:
Love the tips! :thumb:

I agree the tips look great ,looks better finish than the OEM chrome which gets sooty every run out , the black tips would not show this ....how will the finish stand up to the daily grind , time & report will tell .......!!

Car is cleaned weekly but I'm keen to find out too!
Cost wasn't huge but not something you'd want to do regularly!

Love the theme, and as others said the tips look great.
Phil997 has a fantastic contact for bespoke bonnet crests.

I can't put a photo here (damn photobucket!). If youre on Facebook, search for "porschecrests.com". It's not a website.

They could make you a black and white one, which IMO would look nicer than sold black ?

askgeez said:

I can't put a photo here (damn photobucket!). If youre on Facebook, search for "porschecrests.com". It's not a website.

They could make you a black and white one, which IMO would look nicer than sold black ?

Ive seen those. In USA I think
That was sort of my initial inspiration but then saw some ceramic Ines so decided I'd go that route and MAYBE paint myself.
There is a yellow and black one "on car" pic which is similar.

Can I ask if the tips are originals you had Painted? I just had mine re-chromed but I spend all my time cleaning them 😂 They look good in black! What did it cost please?

silvermilnec said:
Can I ask if the tips are originals you had Painted? I just had mine re-chromed but I spend all my time cleaning them 😂 They look good in black! What did it cost please?

They are my OEM tips ceramic coated wth a semi gloss layer over the top.
Cost was 70 +vat and return carriage - about 110-115 I think all in.

Others quoted 175 and 10 days turnaround. Decent guys to deal with

Easto said:
askgeez said:

Ive seen those. In USA I think
That was sort of my initial inspiration but then saw some ceramic Ines so decided I'd go that route and MAYBE paint myself.
There is a yellow and black one "on car" pic which is similar.

If you find you want to change the crest these are not the cheapest at £160 plus but the quality is great and he can do anything you want.my new one is the bottom pic

Attachments

• img_1527_972.jpg
    img_1527_972.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 3,474
  • hoodcrests1312433533_114.jpg
    hoodcrests1312433533_114.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 3,474
Like the choice - for me the silver would be white.
That's the intention if I'm brave enough to fulfill it with my touch up pen..

Easto said:

Well worth giving it a go and if it works great, if not at least there's another option. :thumb: anything is better than the stock gold thing unless you like gold taps in your bathroom in which case you will enjoy keeping the 80s look with the gold crest lol

Phil 997 said:
Easto said:

Well worth giving it a go and if it works great, if not at least there's another option. :thumb: anything is better than the stock gold thing unless you like gold taps in your bathroom in which case you will enjoy keeping the 80s look with the gold crest lol

This is ceramic coated and I think tbh of the paint looks like it's going wrong it will be relatively easy to clean off if I catch it early...
Gonna give it a go.

Easto said:
Phil 997 said:
Easto said:

This is ceramic coated and I think tbh of the paint looks like it's going wrong it will be relatively easy to clean off if I catch it early...
Gonna give it a go.

Try and grab some pics as you go it will be interesting to see the process you go through and the finished look :thumb:

Easto said:
Phil 997 said:
Easto said:

Gonna give it a go.

Try and grab some pics as you go it will be interesting to see the process you go through and the finished look :thumb:

Tips look great! Glad it worked out for you. My tips are away at the moment being replated :thumb:

basilbrush said:
Tips look great! Glad it worked out for you. My tips are away at the moment being replated :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back