Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

2 Y cables

Bought a usb Y cable from ebay and now both ipods charge and play,
whithout sacrificing the usb port.

Nvxz2G.jpg

mX6Z7a.jpg

jDLMqU.jpg

Easto said:
Rear turbo badge and black plastidip
Front retro textured emblem in ceramic black
Rear tints (being done Monday)
Ceramic tip - delivered back to me Thursday

Not sure how that will all come together but will post pics when done 👍

So I've ditched the window tints.
He forgot to advise that the dot matrix will look bad, so I asked him to do the side window and leave it a few days until dry and I'll decide. No charge. V nice guy.
Current view is they won't be tinted and I'll remove it at weekend - looks s**t currently.

Thought I'd make mine a little bit more anti social with the addition of an Akrapovic exhaust.

Stunning bit of kit and weighs less than a Ryvita!

m119cars said:
Thought I'd make mine a little bit more anti social with the addition of an Akrapovic exhaust.

I feel the need for a sound byte :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
m119cars said:

That sounds a bit complicated,,, let me talk to my IT expert ( my 15 year old son ) and see what I can come up with!! :lol:

I think T8 Terry was in the box seat for a few miles on Sunday as we hooned up to Heddington.

m119cars said:
Phil 997 said:
m119cars said:

That sounds a bit complicated,,, let me talk to my IT expert ( my 15 year old son ) and see what I can come up with!! :lol:

I think T8 Terry was in the box seat for a few miles on Sunday as we hooned up to Heddington.

:floor: :floor: :floor: I am sure your IT expert can come up trumps if he can get out of bed :grin: :grin:

Got a new custom crest from Porschecrests.com in the States. and a set of dectane side lights. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2093_196.jpg
    img_2093_196.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 3,401
  • img_2095_100.jpg
    img_2095_100.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 3,401
  • img_2094_483.jpg
    img_2094_483.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3,401
Phil, the badge is *****-on, how much was the import duty? Do us a pic of those repeaters in action if you can...

J Holmes said:
Phil, the badge is *****-on, how much was the import duty? Do us a pic of those repeaters in action if you can...

20% PLUS £8 Handling , the robbing Bar stewards , have a look on his facebook page porschecrests.com there are some really nice ones he also did my old gen1 crest and a matching steering wheel crest.

Will try and do the repeaters but they are being fitted next week.

Attachments

• hoodcrests1312433533_161.jpg
    hoodcrests1312433533_161.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 3,311
  • car_washed1_400.jpg
    car_washed1_400.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 3,299
Finally chosen my poison for a 2din stereo with the NAV TV (most) converter, could have purchased a cheap Chinese (most) connector but after hearing stories that the quality of sound produced just isn't worth cutting corners so I decided and chosen quality..!with a price to follow......

Alpine 7" fully loaded yet to be fitted...... :grin:

J

Attachments

• 20170909_123924_1_165.jpg
    20170909_123924_1_165.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,183
-- 997 -- said:
Finally chosen my poison for a 2din stereo with the NAV TV (most) converter, could have purchased a cheap Chinese (most) connector but after hearing stories that the quality of sound produced just isn't worth cutting corners so I decided and chosen quality..!with a price to follow......

J

good call on the navtv por-hur , the head unit looks great will be 100% improvement on the 2.1 . :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

good call on the navtv por-hur , the head unit looks great will be 100% improvement on the 2.1 . :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Phil, also when I get time to fit this which am looking to strip out the PCM unit next week if it dont rain etc.. is it easy to upload a PORSCHE splash screen?

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

Cheers Phil, also when I get time to fit this which am looking to strip out the PCM unit next week if it dont rain etc.. is it easy to upload a PORSCHE splash screen?

Cheers

J

If you PM me your email address I can send you three options of Porsche splash screen :thumb:

Had my steering wheel re-trimmed in GT3 OEM dark grey alcantara/dark grey stictching, the rim made slightly thicker and a centre block inserted at 12 o'clock (also dark grey). Very pleased with the job done by Royal Steering Wheels for a fair price, as many others have been :thumb:

MJA911 said:
Had my steering wheel re-trimmed in GT3 OEM dark grey alcantara/dark grey stictching, the rim made slightly thicker and a centre block inserted at 12 o'clock (also dark grey). Very pleased with the job done by Royal Steering Wheels for a fair price, as many others have been :thumb:

:useless: :useless: :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back