Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Pickse said:
I started out buying one aircon condenser and a desicator.
Having started the job I now have:
2 Condensers
1 Desicator
2 Schrader Valves (cos one was deffo leaking)
2 Radiators
6 Radiator Hoses
And a box full of new screws/clips etc to replace those which had all but disintegrated.
Its been a dear week.

I'm going to buy some mesh also for the grilles.

Further to this, my new radiators turned up yesterday.
I bought the Hella/Behr branded ones from Type911.
They turn out to be identical to the original rads I took off and a considerable saving off the OPC price.

Bought can of paint for £7 and resprayed windscreen scuttle panel, looks like new 😊

Attachments

• 20170708_172458_344.jpg
    20170708_172458_344.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 5,637
mun802 said:
Bought can of paint for £7 and resprayed windscreen scuttle panel, looks like new 😊

Looks like you may need a new camera too! :grin:

Set of 4x Michelin PS2 N's from Camskill

When I get them fitted next week I'll have a 2 month old pair of rear Pirelli's to sell on (265's)

6pot cayenne calipers for my brake conversion and a set of slightly used decat pipes to go with my tubular stainless manifolds :thumb:

Not fitted till next week but purchased a lightweight flywheel and sprung clutch plate

Safety equipment

Purchased an electrical FIA approved LifeLine Zero 2000 4ltr fire extinguisher system, figured with the methanol, it was a good idea !!!

9e are installing it for me

Attachments

• img_8729_165.jpg
    img_8729_165.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4,806
1. New discs & pads all round
2. New set of PS2's
3. 15 & 7mm RSS spacers

That's all for a while unless I find a good deal on an exhaust!

...Just arrived 8) Unboxing later!

Attachments

• dsc_0329_504.jpg
    dsc_0329_504.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 4,565
Here it is... Eisenmann flapped exhaust. The quality looks good and it's supposed to be a straight swap for a Porsche OEM PSE. Looks like you can wire it up to a fob if you don't already have or want to add the switch on the dash.

Attachments

• dsc_0334_342.jpg
    dsc_0334_342.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 4,502
  • dsc_0332_159.jpg
    dsc_0332_159.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 4,502
Scully said:
Here it is... Eisenmann flapped exhaust. The quality looks good and it's supposed to be a straight swap for a Porsche OEM PSE. Looks like you can wire it up to a fob if you don't already have or want to add the switch on the dash.

Watching with extreme interest, as I imagine are many other people with PSEs that are on their last legs. Please keep us updated as and when you fit it!

If you don't mind, how much did you pay and where did you get it from ?

Hi,

I paid £1785 delivered from Eisenmann's UK distributor here https://www.eisenmann.co.uk/911_996 - not cheap, but my alternative was an OEM system, quoted at £2382, so saved a few quid over that. According to Eisenmann the sound should be very close to the original (also made by Eisenmann I believe)

I didn't buy it on the website, but dealt with the guy there by Email. Arrived within three weeks of ordering as they are built to order.

Will be having it fitted asap at my local indy, so we'll see what happens.

Cheers

Dave

Took a punt on the Design911 GT3 reps.
I hadn't planned on buying any seats for another year or so as I'll be tackling my interior then, with painted console, centre console delete etc, but these came up at literally half price.
I had two types of seat on my list - These or Pole Positions.
These are more of an unknown quantity vs Recaros but they look great and again were half price. They're used.
There are a good few lads using these now and everyone seems happy. Let's hope I don't have to crash test them but hey, you can't be scared of everything.

Pole positions are more known as far as testing goes but they are a pre 996 style so the D911 ones win on that front too.

When I eventually get around to fitting them I'll have the centre cushions done grey to match my grey interior. I'm hoping black mats etc and a Cup steering wheel will tie it all in.

Should arrive later this week.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back