Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aerokit vs non aerokit - which do you prefer?

Do you prefer an aerokit on a 996?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not bothered either way

• Total voters
Aerokit all the way for me! but standard is nice too.[/img]

Attachments

• spoiler_3_197.jpg
    spoiler_3_197.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,618
RussW said:
Aerokit all the way! Gets a surprising amount of comments and it's a great piece of 90's art.
looks great, is that Steve B's old car?

Still looking good Jay! :thumb:

Oh and that's the 2 best colours for 996 Aerokit cars covered on this page. 8)

Guards and Speed. :cloud9:

Jonny996 said:
this is the clean simple lines I like.
. I own a standard c2 996.1i like aero kit cars but think the standard design is perfection even with our famous lights agree that ride height could be lowered but the whole package is perfect for me.

If the lights had not received such a storm of hatred the 996.1 could now be considered the best looking 911 ever

When I bought mine I wanted an early none aero kitted car. I wanted the classic(ish) 911 lines without the fussiness of the aero kit. I have recently been looking at fitting and aero kit to mine. Or going the CSR route. Or just fitting a ducktail. I agree with the comments that the none kitted front bumper looks a bit weedy.

On a side note. Were is everyone hosting photos now?

Looks like aero kit is well ahead on the poll

It was one of my must haves although pre pork days for me I hated spoilers as thought it was a bit too ricer ish

So opted for the smaller fixed carrera spoiler aero kit
But have since come to love the bigger wing too!
I do have plans to fit a ducktail to mine and sell the aero decklid to recoup a bit of the cost but think I'll keep it just in case I change my mind

Hmm. Tough one. I don't dislike the body kits per se. They're not unattractive. They're definitely photogenic. And the car is fast enough and have enough pedigree to get away with them visually. In the flesh it's more the hairy chest thing that puts me off. They're a bit boy racer on a car that is a road car after all. I wonder does the poll reflect the age profile of the voters?

I have an aero kitted 996.1 and I wanted it because I think it looks nice and I knew I would be driving fast both on road and track. In the event, I can feel the rear wing working at around 100mph+. It's not so much a case of it adding useable downforce, it's not effective enough for that, however it does noticeably improve the stability of the car by killing lift at the rear which the body shape actually promotes on the standard car.

Standard car no wing great look cool design

Attachments

• img_0589_538.jpg
    img_0589_538.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 3,241
I had my heart set on an aero kitted car when I was looking to buy but opted for a standard C2 as I was struggling to find one in the colour/spec I wanted and in the end I thought I would get a car in the right colour/spec and look for the aero parts later but the longer I've had the car,the more I prefer the smooth spoiler less look on my own car :thumb: don't really like it when the standard spoiler pops up.

I can appreciate an aero kitted car and do like the look but don't think I'll ever get the urge to change mine,plus with my ride height been frowned upon and described as looking like I'm carrying fat birds or my suspension being broken I'd be surprised if I could get away with a deeper front bumper anyway as I think it would be laid on the floor :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back