Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

From 997s to 996TT - who has done it?

tamtamtamify

I've been driving a 997 C4S with X51 pack and a great spec for the last 12 months and find myself loving the extra power and interior but missing the aggressive look of my previous 996 C4S. I loved the rear end and think the 'ugly' headlights have really come of age/have the perfect aggressive look with the widebody front bumper.

The next logical step is to go Turbo and the look of the 996 just keeps drawing me back - i know i'll be back to hating the interior however :dont know:

has anyone else made this step and came away regretting it? Current thoughts are aimed at a seal grey manual 996tt X50 but with a rear wing delete and C4S decklid/red stripe (that'll confuse a few people no doubt!). The car will be used regularly so this is the big tipping point on interiors

tamtamtamify said:
I've been driving a 997 C4S with X51 pack and a great spec for the last 12 months and find myself loving the extra power and interior but missing the aggressive look of my previous 996 C4S. I loved the rear end and think the 'ugly' headlights have really come of age/have the perfect aggressive look with the widebody front bumper.

The next logical step is to go Turbo and the look of the 996 just keeps drawing me back - i know i'll be back to hating the interior however :dont know:

has anyone else made this step and came away regretting it? Current thoughts are aimed at a seal grey manual 996tt X50 but with a rear wing delete and C4S decklid/red stripe (that'll confuse a few people no doubt!). The car will be used regularly so this is the big tipping point on interiors

If you hate the interior I imagine you'l always hate it and at the end of the day, when you're driving, that's where you'll be sitting. You wont be in the car in front looking back at your agressive front end! Funny enough I prefer the outside of the 997turbo but I prefer the 996 interior (with a couple of small mods)

I think the 996T interior (if you don't like it) can be re-vamped easily enough. A few folks on here have had nice work done on 996 interiors:

Alcantera steering wheel
New seats (the tombstones aren't the best and they weigh 4 tonnes)
Some alcantera lining on the central console and other bits
Upgrade the CD player unit

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/306118-996-interior-upgrade-thread.html

If that's enough to make you happier in a 996T interior . . . then i expect to see you back on here in a few months having sold the 997 and enjoying the sillyness of the 996T's boost

:grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back