Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2 fixed wing

DJones said:
Thanks for the kind words isyman, still about and the car is still very much looked after... both my boys race karts now and I seem to get no time to myself anymore. Still could be worse things than being out with your boys I guess.... hope you're well...

Real life getting in the way of internet life. It's only a problem when it's the other way round!

NLW73 said:
markrnorton said:
here's a pic when the spoiler was on.

I can see why you took that off. Looks daft on a narrow body and non turbo or gt2.

Disagree with you there, I like it and still do. Just prefer the look and the handling with the ducktail spoiler on.

Each to their own

markrnorton said:
NLW73 said:
markrnorton said:
here's a pic when the spoiler was on.

I can see why you took that off. Looks daft on a narrow body and non turbo or gt2.

Disagree with you there, I like it and still do. Just prefer the look and the handling with the ducktail spoiler on.

Each to their own

You need a body kit with side skirts and front aero for that to make sense. Ducktail much better with narrow body

Loads of rear aero with that big spolier but nothing at front. Makes the front even lighter and more lift at speed.

911munKy said:
Mark, how does the handling differ?

Thanks,

The front end does seem to be more planted and it does feel abit more stable than the bigger wing (on my GT3), ive not tried it out on a corner i know just yet but from driving around with it on and for day to day, it feels better.

The car also feels more aerodynamic as well and abit 'quicker' but then it could all just be a placebo affect as well.

Sure the OEM spoiler will have it licked in downforce terms but i imagine id have to be going some to actually feel the benefit.

If anyone is travelling past North Herts on a weekend, ill take them out so they can see. Im not putting the OEM spoiler on for a direct comparison as i cba to sort out the alignment after.

I could feel my front end being more under steery(If that's even a word) from just losing my lip splitter on the aero kit so can only imagine how a bigger wing would certainly need balancing out with front aero

911munKy said:
Mark, how does the handling differ?

Thanks,

911munKy

with the ducktail on it creates a higher load at a lower speed (almost feeling like drag - well it is I suppose). so handling sub 100mph is definitely improved.
I have a deeper front end and side skirts to fit over winter plus coilovers are now being fitted to drop the car.

I'll probably sell the GT2 spoiler now in favour of the ducktail.

Personally, and this is my opinion, the narrow bodied cars look better with and without spoilers.

this thread appears to be a good indication of how people perceive the 996 looks. very varied !

but as long as we all like the car we have common ground

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back