Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage floor recommendations

Hello all, I thought that as I started this post I should at least provide an update.

I decided to go with the Seamless floor tiles from Mototile [/url]http://mototile.com/garage-flooring.html

Service was good, delivery was quick and installation was pretty straightforward with just a stanley knife required to make the cuts.

I chose not to use the Mototile skirting option preferring instead to use pre painted MDF skirting from B&Q.

Tiles have been down for a week or so now and so far I am very happy with the result.

Pictures to follow.

Pictures as promised:

Attachments

• img_2328_772.jpg
    img_2328_772.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 15,231
  • img_2325_175.jpg
    img_2325_175.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 15,231
  • img_2324_175.jpg
    img_2324_175.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 15,230
  • img_2323_120.jpg
    img_2323_120.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 15,230
  • img_2322_728.jpg
    img_2322_728.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 15,230
  • img_2298_105.jpg
    img_2298_105.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 15,230
  • img_2297_135.jpg
    img_2297_135.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 15,232
That's a great sized garage. I could get plenty of my stock in there :thumb:

Gosh, you guys put mine to shame, i will take a picture of my garage when i get in tonight - a sight to behold NOT

In fact i am quite worried about the cracks in the floor !

bump - for new ideas/inspiration.

Tiles? Porcelain? Ceramic? Interlocking?
Paint? Epoxy resin?

Also what have you installed to serve as the entry strip (if tiling)?

I have carpet with 4 rubber square mats for the tyres to sit on and a drip tray under the car so i can see if any leaks pop up . :thumb:

ch3tman said:

Paint? Epoxy resin?

Porcelain for the showroom finish :thumb: Stainless steel entry trip. Hard work and a little more expensive, but well worth the effort :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
ch3tman said:

Paint? Epoxy resin?

Porcelain for the showroom finish :thumb: Stainless steel entry trip. Hard work and a little more expensive, but well worth the effort :thumb:

Thanks - that looks very smart indeed. Your subfloor looks very flat and sound to begin which makes a huge difference. Any photos of the finished install?

Also - slightly strange question - any tyre squeak when manoeuvring on the porcelain? (when they are hot and/or wet)

ch3tman said:
ch3tman said:

Paint? Epoxy resin?

Thanks - that looks very smart indeed. Your subfloor looks very flat and sound to begin which makes a huge difference. Any photos of the finished install?

Also - slightly strange question - any tyre squeak when manoeuvring on the porcelain? (when they are hot and/or wet)

No squeak a little more skaty at times, as I chose very shiney! Floor was new although about as level as a dogs hind leg!

Porcelain tiles for me

Attachments

• tiles_1_166.jpg
    tiles_1_166.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 11,010
infrasilver said:
I'd have nightmares thinking of dropping a lump hammer on them or spilling some oil on the grouting.

They are strong as the concrete (if laid on solid bed) and would tak a lump hammer hit with ease! I also jacked the car up on them The other day. :eek: If your an idiot and grout in white however you may notice the oil :grin:

If your an idiot and grout in white however you may notice the oil :grin:

Who'd do that :dont know:

:grin:

No squeak a little more skaty at times, as I chose very shiney! Floor was new although about as level as a dogs hind leg!

Very cool! :thumbs:

In terms of the floor not being level, it doesn't appear as though you put down any levelling compound prior to laying the tiles - how did you ensure a flat and solid base?

Great to know it doesn't squeak. If I went down this route, would opt for matt/non-slip tiles so hopefully would remove a risk of such noise. However, what do you mean by 'skaty'? :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back