Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CD's playing slow??

3point6

Silverstone
I have PCM2 with a 6 disc CD in the frunk. When I play CD's in the 6 disc they play at varying speeds, sometimes is ok for a minute, then the music will slow and speed up (it wont speed up faster than its meant to play) and slow again..

I timed a song, it was (example) 3mins 40sec on the PCM2 display but on my watch it was more like 3mins 46seconds.

It's like playing an old cassette tape and it gets to a bit where the tape is tight, it slows ever so slightly.. or spinning an old record on a record player and touching your finger on the discs as it spins for a moment, the music slows. bloody awful and spoils any use of the CD player.

I had a look inside the 6 disc itself and cannot see anything obvious wrong.

Any ideas what could be the cause?

Its probably your IMS bearing - get a bore scope done as well just to rule out scoring............What's a CD?

If it is in a turbo I would say it could be due to special relativistic time dilation, assuming of course that the measurement was taken by an observer outside of the car.

Failing that I would say either a dodgy motor or controller in the autochanger. Time to look for a replacement on eBay or here.

MC

As a CD is not like playing a record at a constant rpm, it sounds like a data transfer issue to me, I`d try a CD laser lens cleaner disk first :thumb:

It's definitely not my IMS, my car is a turbo. I had my geometry and wheel alignment done but still the same problem, topped up the window wiper reservoir and even waxed the car and cleaned inside the alloy wheels but still CD's play slow? :nooo:

Last resort, if a new sunroof motor or ABS pump doesn't sort it, I may have to just give up, sell the car and find another with a working 6 disc. Can't go on like this..

3point6 said:
It's definitely not my IMS, my car is a turbo. I had my geometry and wheel alignment done but still the same problem, topped up the window wiper reservoir and even waxed the car and cleaned inside the alloy wheels but still CD's play slow? :nooo:

Last resort, if a new sunroof motor or ABS pump doesn't sort it, I may have to just give up, sell the car and find another with a working 6 disc. Can't go on like this..

I like your logic .... :grin:

kurlykris said:
As a CD is not like playing a record at a constant rpm, it sounds like a data transfer issue to me, I`d try a CD laser lens cleaner disk first :thumb:

This is what was puzzling me, I was thinking maybe a voltage issue..but I'll try a lens cleaning disk, thanks for that. Picked up a turbo logo plinth for behind the rear seats so got that to try as well. :thumb:

3point6 said:
kurlykris said:

This is what was puzzling me, I was thinking maybe a voltage issue..but I'll try a lens cleaning disk, thanks for that. Picked up a turbo logo plinth for behind the rear seats so got that to try as well. :thumb:

The turbo plinth will definitely fix it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back