Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The old beater washed & waxed for Classics @ the Castle

MattyR

We all like a few pics so here are some of mine! I gave the car a coat of Autoglym Wet Wax the other day as attending Porsche Classics at the Castle tomorrow. It's quite a nice product as can be applied to a wet vehicle and buffed off. I sprayed it directly into the bucket with some Autogym Bodywork Shampoo to create a cunning concoction that both cleans and shines..

Attachments

• img_4017_313.jpg
    img_4017_313.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 4,331
  • img_4016_871.jpg
    img_4016_871.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 4,331
  • img_4015_274.jpg
    img_4015_274.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 4,331
  • img_4014_861.jpg
    img_4014_861.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 4,331
  • img_4013_185.jpg
    img_4013_185.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 4,331
  • img_4012_268.jpg
    img_4012_268.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 4,331
Looks very good chum. The juxtaposition of it on the petrol forecourt looks great :thumb:

Cheers chap. I too like that pic; it's one of those 'just so' angles on the 993 (probably more so on a NB coupe). I was queuing up to pay for fuel and took a quick snap. Also it was one of those fresh overcast days which the Aventura colour just adores.

That's a 25 bagger if ever I saw one.

Now you've done the car, do the drive as I've got the same problem despite using Dansand that 'guarantees' no weeds :roll:

I'm also a fan of Autoglym Aqua Wax, just ordered another bottle this morning. I use it (in between waxes) as a spray on the wet car as I dry/buff. How much do you put in the wash bucket & do you still spray it on the panels?

Tycho said:
I'm also a fan of Autoglym Aqua Wax, just ordered another bottle this morning. I use it (in between waxes) as a spray on the wet car as I dry/buff. How much do you put in the wash bucket & do you still spray it on the panels?

Hey mate, I put about 15 squirts into the bucket along with two glugs of the shampoo. I know, quite the alchemist!..

I don't bother applying neat afterwards as, like you, its more of a maintenance thing in between a proper wax (normally DoDo Juice- Hard Candy).

Car is looking fantastic Matty! :thumb:

Going to look into those Autoglym products - the combination of those has really made the paint pop, thanks for the info.

Hope the weather holds for tomorrow :?:

MilSub said:
Car is looking fantastic Matty! :thumb:

Going to look into those Autoglym products - the combination of those has really made the paint pop, thanks for the info.

Hope the weather holds for tomorrow :?:

Definitely worth a punt as they are quite commonplace, fairly inexpensive and provide a good balance of 'bang-for-buck'. There's nothing more annoying than running out of some mail-order only wonderwax. At least with the Autoglym range one can pick the products up anywhere. The BP garages with M&S food concessions carry them, which is handy i.e. the bird dropping wipes!

Weather WILL hold for tomorrow. Looks a bit moody but that's Aventura's best mate.

Thanks, I will try your method next time. I have been using Supernatural Hybrid & topping up with Aqua Wax.
Your reference to alchemist made me smile. My late father was an industrial chemist, I remember as an impressionable early 20x year old boy racer buying some expensive potion to clean my Ford (think it was an XR3i). He watched me working on the car, asked me what I was using, just took one sniff of the product & then told me what was in it & he could mix me a up a batch for nothing. Thirty plus years on, good times!

She looks gorgeous MattyR, and one of my favourite 993 colours too :mrgreen:

Looking sharp! 8) Well done on not selling up, too! :)

Despite mine being a C4 and have relatively new clear corners, your pic does a great job in persuading me to get a set of ambers - compliments the Aventura paint very well.

MattyR said:
Weather WILL hold for tomorrow. Looks a bit moody but that's Aventura's best mate.

...and if it doesn't you can show us how well those Autogym products promote water beading :D.

Tycho said:
Thanks, I will try your method next time. I have been using Supernatural Hybrid & topping up with Aqua Wax.
Your reference to alchemist made me smile. My late father was an industrial chemist, I remember as an impressionable early 20x year old boy racer buying some expensive potion to clean my Ford (think it was an XR3i). He watched me working on the car, asked me what I was using, just took one sniff of the product & then told me what was in it & he could mix me a up a batch for nothing. Thirty plus years on, good times!

Your welcome chap; great story that :thumb: I do like the old XR3is. In red naturally!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back