Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Main Beam Switch

C2 YYY

It appears that the main beam switch on the steering column has failed and needs to be replaced.

After hours of checking option codes (mine has headlight washers and an onboard computer) PET is still showing two parts

964 613 337 00 01C and 964 613 337 01 01C - are these the same part?

Also any suggestions where I can buy one - Porsche is quoting over £550!!

Many thanks.

What about breakers yards in U.K. And US bud?

Chris

I have a list of about 10 companies to ring tomorrow including in the US. I was sort of hoping someone might be able to narrow the field so to speak.

What makes it a real bummer is that I very rarely even use it at night and never use Full beam as I have a rather good HID kit installed. But it's still a MOT failure.

I had to replace the same unit earlier this year, my problem was a loose pin that was causing the headlights to flicker on/off, followed by a smell of burning. Mine was the 3 arm unit, 3rd arm being the OBC. I brought it (964 613 337 01 01C) from design 911 @ a cost of £526.29 inc VAT. An expensive loose pin, couldn't see anyway of opening up the old unit to see if it was fixable.

Off to Porsche Swindon tomorrow for them to check the unit and make sure they get the right part number. A £546 nightmare.

Update

Having been given 3 different part numbers, the good folks at Swindon finally took the unit off to check the part number. It turned out to be a completely different unit - 964 613 341 - which according to PET has cruise, except mine doesn't.

Anyway that's what was ordered.

The important lesson here is that these items once ordered cannot be returned hence its important that the OPC takes responsibility for ordering (and for the liability if it's wrong).

BTW Lovett have a really nice 930 Turbo for sale - just £153k !!!

I'm sure that a late 944 stalk at least looks the same?
It may be worth further investigation

Finally fixed.

Well, £350 later and a considerable amount of frustration, we finally got to the bottom of the problem.

A loose connection un the bottom of the fuse box. According to my mechanic he had never seen this problem in 35+ years of fixing Porsche's.

So if anyone needs a Steering Wheel Column switch, I have one in stock. It has the Stalks for the OBC and Cruise control, but you can simply saw them off if not required - honest.

And on cue, the fan belt tensioner/sensor broke. Mot on Friday when hopefully normality will resume. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back