Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can you see the problem with this photo?

captain caveman

Silverstone
Just changed my starter motor put everything back together but now the car is idling hi.
Looking at the flap its not shut tight should it be?
Also the throttle cable pulley is not sitting against the stop.
Can anyone see something in the photo im not?

Attachments

• p1010116_816.jpg
    p1010116_816.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,746
No 1 has that part been pushed all the way through .

No 2 the throttle is being held open so something its holding the cable or pulling against it .

Edit ..

From memory the connection is o/s/r under the car next to the gearbox .. in theory it could have pulled out of that connection but No.1 is what i think from the picture .. its not far enough into the houseing .

Attachments

• throttle_1_122.jpg
    throttle_1_122.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 3,709
I dident pull part no. 1 out just disconnected the cable so i,d have enough slack to move the throttle body out of the way.
I suppose its worth checking the cable underneath to see if ive pulled it out or something when i moved the throttle body.

Dam .. ok well the cable is too tight and thats whats holding the throttle open .. the connection i said is the only connection other than the throttle pedal .

Youll need to work your way back to the pedal im afraid .

Edit .

Just a thought but the cable is connected in the " wheel " ok at the base , number 2 basically .. nothing could be holding it before you start getting underneath .

If there not a groove which the cable sits in, it looks like the cable needs to move slightly to the right possibly. Failing that, make sure that part 1 is fully seated as mentioned above.

MC

I have the car up on stands at the moment so not to bad getting underneath.
I,l have anther look at it all again tomorrow with a fresh head :thumb:

Check each location where the outer cable cover ends. These can easily come out of their housing resulting in the inner cable run being too tight.

Do the cable throttle cars have a self adjuster in the cable? The old 996 Cup Racers we used to run did have. On these when you remove the cable from the throttle body it's likely it has wound itself up on the self adjuster trying to take the slack up so the cable is now too short and holding the throttle open. It's a black plastic "tube", I think it's half a turn to release it then half a turn back again and it will release the cable fully and take the slack back up.

Just had a look at mine and took a photo, there isn`t a slot for the cable to sit in, but the retaining block 1 on mine seems to sit a little further backward into it`s housing :?:

Looks like the cable outer has been dislodged on your car causing the cable to be pulled tight and slightly openinig the throttle butterfly.

:agree:

The outer cable has moved position which tightens the inner cable hence a partially open throttle.

Del.

Delanor said:
:agree:

The outer cable has moved position which tightens the inner cable hence a partially open throttle.

Del.

Correct a new day and a fresh head and soon noticed the cable had pulled out of itself under the car :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back