Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4 Tyre wear

poppopbangbang said:
Ocean996C4 said:
I can post a picture of the hunter print out before and after, however the settings were all in the green, why?

Ignore them being in the green, half the hunter defaults are wrong and it's not uncommon for someone to pick a totally different 996 to the one you actually have.... or a Carrera GT.

It's possible you have too much rear toe in coupled with a rear suspension that has limited droop compared to standard (this is what you feel as skipping over bumps) and is probably over soft on either spring or damper leading to the rear compressing more than it would as standard. As such the rear doesn't reduce toe in as it rises and increases toe in above standard when in compresses. How much lower than standard is it and do you have adjustable rear toe arms or is it still on the eccentric adjusters in the subframe?

I put a lot of work into getting a decent amount of droop into the suspension on mine and getting the spring rates right, I get 10 - 12K miles from a set of rear PS2s and that's on a car which is used in anger very often.

Great information thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back