Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clip Tha Holds Wing Mirror In Folded Position

Jam911

Last night when parking I folded my passenger side wing mirror back and the small yellow clip keeps the mirror in the folded position came apart in my hand.

Has anyone had / fixed this?

It looks like a bit of a mare to sort out....

Thanks

Ive got a horrible feeling its going to be broken and a new mirror base section required .. im not back at work now untill tuesday but ill have a look when i can and see if anything looks like it can be done .. i would say take a picture but i dont think that will help .

Very kind of you to help.

I spent an hour looking for the part but couldn't find anything but I am interested to see if you can come up with anything.

Thanks

I didn't even know they could be folded in... d'oh!

Its a yellow clip that pivots .. it has a spring to help it return to closed position .

What i expect has happened is the yellow clip has broken at the pivot pin .. it has a metal bracket top and bottom with a pin locateing through the yellow pin top and bottom .

See if you can get a picture to help but from looking today then i have been unable to find any parts available .. it seems to be one unit .

A picture might help if i can see which bit has broken and if i can think of any repair as its a new mirror bracket if not :(

It is the yellow tip that has broken off the arm, I am going to try and glue it together as the rest of the mechanism still operates okay.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back