Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone on here have a 993 in "used" condition

Done garden centre now too much fizz consumed - staying home & listening to Leeds Festival in the distance.

highway said:
Surely a 993 is only ever pre-owned. Never used.

How do you get 'pre-unused' :?: Sold yours yet as I've heard you've dipped a toe :dont know:

Re: Does anyone on here have a 993 in "used" condi

Albionmuz said:
Or are they all restored or low mileage garage queens.

Has the ridiculously high value of them taken away the thrill of just having a really nice old air cooled car to use on high days and holidays?

I ask this, as the recent owner, of what is clearly a car that has had a lot of money thrown at it and wonder if there are still some tired old reliable 993s knocking about

I saw one for 27k with 160k on it just before I bought mine that looked a little tired and by the time I decided to go and see it, it had been sold.

My car had done 2000 miles in six years when I bought it and had quite expensive servicing every year. I have put 3.5k miles on it in 9 months and the car feels so much better than when I bought it. I feel guilty piling the miles on but we are only here the once.....

I averaged about 1.5k a year on my 2S over 6 years. (59K) This was a mix of local and long distance. Its caked with stone chips at the front, bonnet and arches, chipped windscreen plus rust patches creeping up on the usual places.
Love it!

To add to this, yesterday i was sad to see it go. :sad:
Time for someone else to enjoy this once Tom@911V sorts out all the minor issues!

I do need to write an advert as I've recently rediscovered my love of all things Lotus. There does seem to be an increasing amount of 993 available lately and I won't be adding the garage ***** to that number. I am very attached to the old girl and I've flirted with selling her before now. This endeavour resulted in my wasting the time of a chap who I've since grown quite fond of. I need to be rock solid and committed to sell, before launching an advert.

On a day like today I have the choice of taking the 993 or the Elise for an early morning hustle. I'm happy increasingly aware that I'm rarely tempted to take the 993. That has to be its own answer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back