Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED 996 manual

captain caveman said:
I expect l have to spend up to 2k to get it perfect.

captain caveman said:
They are out there you just got to be in the right place at the right time and like cars with knackered gearboxes.

You were warned about how much decent cars cost, but wouldn't have it, despite most of us on here having gone through similar searches ourselves.

When every other similar car is £15k and one pops on for £9k surely you wonder why. But then to come on and say it's fine and just needs the bumper painting....

You can take a horse to water an' all that.

Good luck with the sale.

During the test drive did you not think "Hang on a minute, this thing doesn't excite me like my old plastic pig did" ??

Bought for 'under £10k'. Now advertised for £10 750. Trying to add an extra grand to the budget to get a good one? At £9k I'd probably have it to sort it out.

MC

NLW73 said:
There is a lovely c2 facelift manual in midnight blue, ims done and clutch and looked after for under 15k with sports seats. That is where my money would be going.

Ive been speaking to the guy, doesn't have TC which will appeal to some but Im not sure on that othersie a very nice car.

Marky911 said:
captain caveman said:
I expect l have to spend up to 2k to get it perfect.

captain caveman said:
They are out there you just got to be in the right place at the right time and like cars with knackered gearboxes.

You were warned about how much decent cars cost, but wouldn't have it, despite most of us on here having gone through similar searches ourselves.

When every other similar car is £15k and one pops on for £9k surely you wonder why. But then to come on and say it's fine and just needs the bumper painting....

You can take a horse to water an' all that.

Good luck with the sale.

During the test drive did you not think "Hang on a minute, this thing doesn't excite me like my old plastic pig did" ??

Who said i paid 9k for it? I said under 10k.
I said i expected to pay up to 2k getting it right before i found out about the gearbox.
After the test drive the price i paid was reflected in this.
Yes i did think it was a bit plain Jane on the test drive but its hard to get a feel for a car on a test drive.
Unless you have driven a old plastic pig witch i know by your comment you haven't then you will have no idea how they compare.
You,d swear i,d used your money to by my car :lol:

MisterCorn said:
Bought for 'under £10k'. Now advertised for £10 750. Trying to add an extra grand to the budget to get a good one? At £9k I'd probably have it to sort it out.

MC

Always ask more than you want as people will always try and knock you down.

captain caveman said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Always ask more than you want as people will always try and knock you down.

I know :) If I can knock you down to £9k I'll have it.

MC

infrasilver said:
The 996 or 911 in general take a little time to bond with, once you have it's a great bit of kit that takes some beating by even newer performance cars. Get it sorted and drive it.

I may well end up doing that ive only put it up for sale at the moment to see how much interest there is.
I,l be out in it all day tomorrow so see how it goes.

Stick with it a while.

I came from another brute of a rwd car - 350z and was slightly disappointed that the 996 had no drama.

However after a few weeks the 996 really gets under your skin.

You don't go sideways, you don't go loud. You go precisely and efficiently...

Its really a challenge to drive, and the more you master it the more you will be blown away. You drive them differently to front engined rwd cars.

Just get a gearbox from a scrapper or rebuilt at sports classic.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back