Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yet another steering wheel thread

nigel99

Mexico City
I'm planning to replace the wheel on my 997.2 with a 991 wheel.

The 991 wheel has the PDK text at the top and Launch Control and Sports+ lights. Will these illuminate when installed in the 997?

You'll need the adapter from Paul Li to make the multifunction work .

I have the parts sat there but not had a chance to fit mine yet as away on hols so also not sure if the lights will work but ask him, his replies are prompt. The adapter tuned up within a couple of days of ordering.

rhino-man said:
You'll need the adapter from Paul Li to make the multifunction work .

I have the parts sat there but not had a chance to fit mine yet as away on hols so also not sure if the lights will work but ask him, his replies are prompt. The adapter tuned up within a couple of days of ordering.

Thanks, who is Paul Li, do you have an email address?

This is the site he sells them from https://gpsadapter.us

Just message him via there with any questions or to make sure you get the right one

nigel99 said:
I'm planning to replace the wheel on my 997.2 with a 991 wheel.

The 991 wheel has the PDK text at the top and Launch Control and Sports+ lights. Will these illuminate when installed in the 997?

If you upgrade to this 991.1 multifunction steering wheel with display doesn't need adapter,only need new wheel and airbag.
Porsche released wheel with display after 2010,i can't confirm this display works in 2009 model&year car.

You can upgrade your wheel to 991.2/macan/958.2 wheel with adapter https://youtu.be/MHgIjOwjeYE

Attachments

• img_6325_762.jpg
    img_6325_762.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3,175
  • img_5638_197.jpg
    img_5638_197.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 3,175
Steering wheel display illuminated signal broadcast by steering wheel control module through LIN BUS protocol,steering wheel received and convert to LED illumination.

Thanks for the feedback. It turns out the wheel I bought is actually from a 2011 C4S so I assume should be plug and play for my 2009 C2S as both are 997 gen 2 cars with sports chrono+. I already have mf and heating, just wanted a black one.

I'm unsure from the last post if the display will or wont illuminate :?:

nigel99 said:
Thanks for the feedback. It turns out the wheel I bought is actually from a 2011 C4S so I assume should be plug and play for my 2009 C2S as both are 997 gen 2 cars with sports chrono+. I already have mf and heating, just wanted a black one.

Display works at after 2010 model&year car,you car is 2009 997.2.Somebody said "Sport" indicator not works in 2009 car,but i never test it.

nigel99 said:

Found this on a FB group... Carbon trim. But pricey ! Probably more than you paid for a wheel

https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de...539/Products/1149TU2/SubProducts/1149TU2-0001

balancely said:
nigel99 said:

Display works at after 2010 model&year car,you car is 2009 997.2.Somebody said "Sport" indicator not works in 2009 car,but i never test it.

I can confirm the display does work on the 2009 997.2, just plug and play no harness required. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back