Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moaning Noise

caterman

Monza
No, not from the passenger.
When I put the aircon on I get a slight moaning or whispering noise. It's coming from the front so it shouldn't be the compressor?
It isn't the blower motor as it doesn't happen when the air con is off, nor does it vary with the blower speed (or the engine speed for that matter).
Aircon blows cold.
It's not particularly loud but it is starting to annoy me.
Any suggestions gratefully recieved

Hmmm, for me, it was the blower motor and only happened when the A/C was on.

OPC said NZD2000, a guy in Kansas sent me his spare one. I only had to pay for his shipping fee.

This is normally associated with low system pressure and normally goes away if you have it re-gassed.

You might have a leak (firm doing the re-gas should be able to confirm and even pin point it) but typical culprits are failing front condensers and the o rings at the pipe joints under the car which might even look wet.

:thumb:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Looks like a leak check is on the cards. There is a service local to me called Roadchill http://roadchill.co.uk/, looks good but no reviews have been left, don't suppose anyone has used them?

I will also look at the blower as it is noisy at high speeds (with or without the aircon).

Re the passenger, I am able to diagnose that noise when it happens :)

As Harv said its low gass on the a/c .. i see it all the time .. noises are from the front and even from the rear depending on just how much gass is left in the system.

Its to do with how and where the gass condenses ( liquid to gass to liquid ) and when at the front its in the expansion valve .. which it shouldnt be .

If it was anything to do with the blower fan then turning off the a/c would have no effect .

If the blower fan is noisy but a seperate issue then its either leaves / debris or you will need a new fan as the bearings have worn .

Thanks for the advice.

Took the opportunity to clean out the rads yesterday, all in good nick, had the Roadchill guy come out and he found and fixed a small leak in a seal in the low pressure hose along the sill by yje back wheel.

All working fine and the blower seems quieter as well but maybe that's my imagination.

£50 well spent.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back