Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo actuator rod issue

Sensible decision. Access is difficult to do many (simple/not-so-simple) DIY jobs where standing under it on a ramp is a cinch.

On a 996 Turbo the corroded nut replacement can result in requiring a new actuator (around £300) either from yanking at it too hard or just twisting and breaking. So what started out as a simply low cost fix can turn into several hundred pounds of work. The mechanism is different on a 997 though.

some follow up from the weekend, car now booked in to have the LHS rod replaced by my Indy.

When I looked underneath the RHS actuator rod had been recently replaced. In anticipation of the job I bought new rods for both sides so the RHS rod is now surplus to requirements. I've called OPC today who won't refund it as apparently less than £30 value parts can't be returned :sad:

the pair of rods were £25 each. If anyone needs a RHS (drivers side) rod then PM me, £15 all in, part no 997 123 124 70

thanks
Graeme

graemeho said:
some follow up from the weekend, car now booked in to have the LHS rod replaced by my Indy.

When I looked underneath the RHS actuator rod had been recently replaced. In anticipation of the job I bought new rods for both sides so the RHS rod is now surplus to requirements. I've called OPC today who won't refund it as apparently less than £30 value parts can't be returned :sad:

the pair of rods were £25 each. If anyone needs a RHS (drivers side) rod then PM me, £15 all in, part no 997 123 124 70

thanks
Graeme

You have PM

Everything at OPC seems to be 'special order' they even told me that because it was 'special order' I wasn't eligible for my PCGB 10% discount!
Don't think they keep many, if any spare parts in stock as they can get everything next day.

easternjets said:
Everything at OPC seems to be 'special order' they even told me that because it was 'special order' I wasn't eligible for my PCGB 10% discount!
Don't think they keep many, if any spare parts in stock as they can get everything next day.

Use another OPC - my OPC gives me 10%+ on everything. Special order included.

I do I just tell them that I'll order it from design911 and the discount suddenly applies!

cheshire911 said:
Sensible decision. Access is difficult to do many (simple/not-so-simple) DIY jobs where standing under it on a ramp is a cinch.

On a 996 Turbo the corroded nut replacement can result in requiring a new actuator (around £300) either from yanking at it too hard or just twisting and breaking. So what started out as a simply low cost fix can turn into several hundred pounds of work. The mechanism is different on a 997 though.

Update: drove like miss daisy the 60 miles to get there, making sure to keep it off boost. Car returned 34 mpg , doubt I'll see that again :grin: god it's boring driving slow

Anyhow, 10 min later jobs all done. Given the proper ramps and tools it's all too easy . All is now well again :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back