Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Performance Driver 'Track' Day

CATDT

Performance Driver 'Track' Day
An action-packed day run by CAT Driver Training Ltd at Millbrook Proving Ground.

21st October 2017

CAT Driver Training is run by Colin and Jo Hoad. Colin used to work for a leading motor manufacturer in the UK as a Vehicle Evaluator and Driver Trainer and has gained extensive experience and qualifications in driver instruction. His life has been spent working with his passion: motor cars - from racing minis to the race preparation of performance cars. He has much experience of vehicles on both road and track and brings a very different approach to driver enjoyment.

Our training is engineering based which is what gives us our USP - no one else in the country has the knowledge - they may claim it, but the proof is in the training. We're also well versed in the Porsche brand. Be assured you will be working with a company that understands the technical systems installed by the manufacturers and the effect they have on the car, with the inputs you need to make.

The day is a fast moving experience for 6 owners and their cars to introduce the secrets of performance driving. It is designed to be informative, exciting and fun. The group size is purposefully kept small so that the maximum can be obtained from the day in a highly personalised environment.

There is access to the 5 unique circuits at the renowned Millbrook Proving Ground, a venue that is not normally accessible for 'track days' and the general public.

Activities designed for the different circuits are:
- Learn threshold braking from high speed on the Mile Straight
- High speed driving, potentially to the maximum of your car, on the banked circuit of the High Speed Circuit
- Drive the demanding Alpine Route circuit with its hills, and variety of corners from hairpins to long and sweeping
- Take on the tight, twisty and challenging Handling Circuit
- Put your car through its paces on the open spaces of the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron

An instructor will accompany you on all the circuits, and the objective is to teach you how to get the best from your car and develop your performance driving skills in a controlled environment and at a pace you are comfortable with.

Short presentations in vehicle dynamics will help you to understand the relationship between driver input and vehicle balance and control. From this comes the appreciation of how to safely drive your vehicle at grip limit within the controlled confines of a track environment.

At the end of the day, your new found skills can be put to the test in a timed shoot out around a gymkhana-style course laid out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron.

Included in the day are:
- Professional in car tuition
- Access to 5 unique circuits at Millbrook Proving Ground
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- Timed end of day shoot out
- Full emergency services on hand all day
- 1 hour 40 minutes driving time with your personal instructor

Pricing is as follows:
3 participating members = £445 pp
4 participating members = £420 pp
6 participating members = £400 pp

Performance Driver 'Track' Day Schedule

08:30-09:15 Coffee, Introduction, Licence Check, Scrutineering, Safety Briefing & Objectives of the Day
09:30-09:35 Drive to Circuits
09:30-11:00 Mile Straight
11:00-11:50 High Speed Circuit
11:50-13:15 Handling Circuit
13:15-14:00 Lunch
14:00-15:00 Alpine Route
15:00-15:45 Understeer/Oversteer
15:45-16:45 Gymkhana timed Shoot Out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron
16:55 Presentation & Debrief
Any Questions
End

Timings & Circuit order may be subject to change on the day depending on circuit activity

Note on noise limits ... to quote me "there is no limit unless you are a Le Mans Prototype or an F1 car". If anyone thinks they can compete at that level on noise, be sure to mention it when booking!

Based on interest so far with the date, this is the current status for places:

1. kozzi - date good
2. James.hunter1985 - date good
3. FRP - date good

Daniel & aadhay have shown interest before the date was set.

I'm out of the office today but back tomorrow. If you wish to join the group please post up your interest here. If another date would work for you please also let me know and I'll look for additional options if there's sufficient interest.

KR
jo

Porsche only day

1. kozzi - DEFINATE
2. James.hunter1985 - date good
3. FRP - date good

Potentially interested - need to check the diary with domestic management first.

Is this a one driver event or could she come and drive too?

Re: Porsche only day

Hi 160dmb - there are 6 places available, so your wife would be very welcome to join you and use either her car, or share yours. If using yours, we'd space you so that the car had a rest in between exercises and turns.

James, glad you're confirmed :thumb:

KR
Jo

1. kozzi - confirmed
2. James.hunter1985 - confirmed
3. FRP - date good

Hi 160dmb - there are 6 places available, so your wife would be very welcome to join you and use either her car, or share yours. If using yours, we'd space you so that the car had a rest in between exercises and turns.

James, glad you're confirmed Thumb

KR
Jo

1. kozzi - confirmed
3. FRP - date good
4. Askgeez - 997.2 gts
5. Greg (askgeez brother in my old 997.1c4s!)
6. Gary (askgeez neighbour. 997.1.5 GT2)

Blimey, those places went fast! Could you put me on a reserve list or is it possible to arrange a second date if there's others also interested? :?:

I'm also interested in this either as a reserve or alternative date.

COOLIO....

Jo what are the next steps to secure the Porsche only day ?

askgeez said:
1. kozzi - confirmed
3. FRP - confirmed
4. Askgeez - 997.2 gts

Wow ... looks like this date is confirmed then :thumb: PM on its way to you for details etc.

For another date, I can offer a 3 pax 911 day on Sunday 22nd October. Would this work for you Cameo, rhino-man & Y2K?

Otherwise I can offer a 4 pax day on Sunday 12th November as the next option.

Let me know Cameo, rhino-man & Y2K and that'll determine the next date.

KR
Jo

CATDT said:
For another date, I can offer a 3 pax 911 day on Sunday 22nd October. Would this work for you Cameo, rhino-man & Y2K?

KR
Jo

Either one is fine with me. Thanks.

1. kozzi - confirmed
3. FRP - PAID TONIGHT 29.8.2017
4. Askgeez - 997.2 gts

Y2K said:
CATDT said:

KR
Jo

Either one is fine with me. Thanks.

22nd October works for me. Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back