Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Snetterton 300

david_yorkshire

So... tell me about this track / layout...
not driven it before - just booked a last minute .com trackday for tomorrow !

:)

Did it myself for the first time a couple of weeks back, liked it. It felt to me to be off camber on quite a few corners, but a good mix of fast and slow bends. Bumpy and technical with little run off which seemed to be all grass nothing to catch the car if you exceed the limits before the barrier.

Noise limit static 105 do.

good day out !

weather held - just !

quite a technical circuit, and fast in places (150mph+)

Felt like it had a good flow for about 90% of the corners - only a couple that seamed stop/start; but that could be just me !

quite a few red flags - fair few full on race cars, with drivers trying just a little too hard... (I'm talking about you, Radical drivers....)

Best one of the day - car in front of me attacking 'nelson' drifted slightly wide, got two wheels off track, dug in and proceeded to barrel roll. typically my go pro was off at the time...

Would definitely have a go again - and not too far from home.

I quite like the Snett 300 configuration.
Haven't been in a 911 yet - but been a couple of times in an M3 and XBow.

Good mix of high speed/low speed corners, fast sections, technical sections, braking round corners, etc.

A vid is worth more than a thousand words. It is my local track & must have driven a thousand laps at Snett over the years in various toys.
Static is ok, my mate, Andy does the noise testing and he is GT3 friendly, just be careful of the Drive By just before the pits on the right hand side as you accelerate out of Murrays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQZ42OkBMA

Lucky you having that as your local Stuart, mine is Brands, which is good, but obviously Full circuit days are like rocking horse dung and then there is the noise limits.....

I like Snetterton, despite being flat, its a good mix of stuff and a decent long lap. Plus it's generally quite cheap... !

Its a bit heavy on the poor old brakes a of porky 997 turbo. found a bit too much on the back section. Not built for the track.

Porsche Club GB are planning to run a trackday at Snetterton (on the longer 300 circuit) next year, provisionally booked for Wednesday, 13th June.

The day will run from 9am until 5, with the option to book a full day or half day. Full details and booking options are not currently available, so please treat this message as a 'save the date' if this event is of interest to you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back