Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ADVICE ABOUT WHICH SKIRT WILL SUIT

Phil 997

Le Mans
I need some advise as the OPC cant advise as they just go on part numbers.
I want to add side skirts to my 997 gen2 4S So my questions are

Does the GT3RS skirt have a bulge in the front to accommodate the wheel arch extension or not

Is the GT2 side skirt the same as the GT3RS or is it a different shape , or is that the one that looks the same but no bulge for front arch extensions.

Do both the types replace the existing side sill as on the 4S it comes off which the sill on a 2S doesnt its fixed

I have got to the bottom of the fact they do a black plastic one, a primered ready to paint one and another which I could not get to the bottom of what it was lol .

Any thoughts or knowledge would be appreciated :thumb: :thumb:

The side skirts on the GTS, Speedster and Sport Classic are the aero type which look the same as GT3 RS. So if you ask your parts man to check out whether the numbers are the same for RS and GTS you will have some idea. All those cars are wide bodied so GTS aero skirts will fit your car. Not cheap - over £600 for two bits of plastic in primer. They do look good when painted and fitted though.

J Holmes said:
The side skirts on the GTS, Speedster and Sport Classic are the aero type which look the same as GT3 RS. So if you ask your parts man to check out whether the numbers are the same for RS and GTS you will have some idea. All those cars are wide bodied so GTS aero skirts will fit your car. Not cheap - over £600 for two bits of plastic in primer. They do look good when painted and fitted though.

Great info thanks, I hadnt thought about the gts having side skirts so I assume the gt2 side skirts are the same as the other wide body and theres only infact one type of skirt from Porsche . I had guessed they were going to be about £600 but they add a bit more or an aggressive presence to the car.

Porsche News said:
Title asks for "ADVICE ABOUT WHICH SKIRT WILL SUIT" from Phil997

wasn't sure what I would fine

Note to Mods: You can stand down from Code 3

:floor: :floor: :floor: now I really need to find out what code 3 is and if pics of me in Lederhosen didn't trigger it what will :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Being a Scot, I was just about to chime in with some advice here .... but I see its about body panels !!

911TEL said:
Being a Scot, I was just about to chime in with some advice here .... but I see its about body panels !!

:floor: :floor: :floor: and next Tel you will be demonstrating if its true about do you or dont you under them and it WILL trigger code 3 :thumb: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Code 3 is an emergency response with lights and siren - Sundeep is already on his way esp with the scots and skirts brigade...if its true ! !

Another code 3 (SWAT CODE 3) and possibly more approapiate for any scots and kilts is SHOTS FIRED, officer down

On the london underground Code 3 is vomit - again relevant if the scots and kilts are around and on display or what ever takes yer fancy of course !

FRP said:
Code 3 is an emergency response with lights and siren - Sundeep is already on his way esp with the scots and skirts brigade...if its true ! !

Another code 3 (SWAT CODE 3) and possibly more approapiate for any scots and kilts is SHOTS FIRED, officer down

On the london underground Code 3 is vomit - again relevant if the scots and kilts are around and on display or what ever takes yer fancy of course !

:floor: :floor: Now I have an image of Sundeep on his way :grin:

Attachments

• 351a99223779b996f2f9ee99c91a3eb4_porsche_carrera_porsche__117.jpg
    351a99223779b996f2f9ee99c91a3eb4_porsche_carrera_porsche__117.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 2,288

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back