Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ok cards on the table.

mobile chicane

Right I have the possability of getting a 997 I really want however I need £12k or very near for my 2003 996 c4.

The trade in price from the dealer is to low.

WBAC ( I know shoot me ) have given a web value of £11k however I'd rather eat my own hair (yes even the curly ones) than deal with them.

Its a 2003 996 C4 in silver with black interior, 115k miles mot due 24/7/2018.

Good tyres all round with northway history from me for the last 5 years including the IMS bearing kit and new clutch fitted by them at just over 100k miles (I obviously have recipts / documentation for all this)

It could do with a pair of rear discs.

one of the exhaust box concetenas (sp) split and has a stainless wrap repair which although ugly has passed an mot and does not leak, I have put off doing this job as I was watching the dansk etc thread on here to work out which pair of boxes to go for.

there are the normal small stone chips etc but nothing a £3-500 visit to a bodyshop would not make better

it was last serviced april 2016 at 107752 miles and this was a major service so its due the minor service + ancillary belt and brake fluid.

Its actually booked into northway for this but not until sept this year.

Is £12k to much beaing in mind I need a quick sale and I'd rather sell to a forum member than deal with the morons that ebay and auto trader seem to have in abundance ?

I'm not a paying forum member and I dont think I can put an ad for my car on here with out paying some kind of subscription.

The 997 I'm looking at already has somone else test driving it tommorow so I may be out of luck as if this one goes I'll keep my 996 for a while and let the market refresh.

You don't need to pay to put and Ad on here just be a member which you obviously are.
Trouble is if your in a real hurry you might be disappointed.

Classified ads on here are free.

c£12k seems a fair price in the current market but I don't know how many 911uk members/readers would be in the market for what is essentially an entry level 911.

You might be better off using AT, PH or eb.

Good Luck

If you have your heart set on a 997 and that one does get sold I would suggest doing those jobs on your 996 and sell it privately. You'll probably get a better price for it than selling quick and be holding 'folding' when the next 997 comes up that you want.

Good luck with your sale.

If you're up for 12s and take a knock you could be not far off the WBAC price which is less hassle :dont know:

:hand: Be mindful if WBAC go over it with a Colini stick they might start knocking money off. in which case walk away. Plus don't jump in for the car you've seen, I've done that before and lost dough part e/xing onlyto end up with a pile of shoite :nooo:

Two options sell your car private as is for a price to reflect the work and then work out IF you do all the jobs you'll get back more than you put into it to see if its viable :thumb:

Sorted that for you Zingers ......... :)

Be mindful if WBAC go over it with a Colini stick they WILL start knocking money off

yep wbac will no doubt knock it down way below what I want.

Irritatingly the 997 I'm looking at is the exact spec I want but is not that common and therefore has a lot of intrest.

its a northway car so its history is good

if it goes to the person test driving it tommorow I'll keep my 996 for another 6-18 months, get all the jobs done and keep looking.

it only popped up on my radar when I booked the service for my one

Sorry .don't get the hate for Ebay .I have sold my last motor bike and my last two cars on Ebay.
On all three occasions I dealt with good decent people achieved very near asking price and all sold quickly .

Can't Northway take the 996 off you . personally if its the 997 you want and a sort after spec then I would grab it even if using finance then sell yours at leisure getting the right price for it, then clear the finance off JOB DONE :thumb:

I think the prices we believe they are worth and what we actually get are often different.

I put my 996.2 cab (56K on the clock and 12K spent on it) up for £14k last year (Autotrader, pistonheads, etc) and didn't get one phone call -literally nothing, and it was mint condition.

Ended up P/Xing it for £12K.

E bay has become a bit like Auto trader used to be before they jacked the selling prices up.
I believe it's only £20 to put your car on E bay, got to be worth a try.

ebay classified add is basically there to advertise. Ive used it loads and generally what happens is the seller will get in contact and you then meet and buy outside ebay.
There savvy to this though and don't allow you to send emails or phone numbers through their messaging system.

Unfortunatley northway px is to low for my budget and that includes finance options + I dont have the space to store a second car.

If it sells for £12k (I'll put a propper add on tommorow ) then I can afford the 997 if it dosent then I'll wait and see (I'm due a pay rise sometime in the next 12 months )

Another example I like may even come allong

Edit just popeed an add up which may be being looked at by admin, I need to go through all the paperwork and add more info but that will have to wait until tommorow.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back