Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Belgium+Tour of Spa. Pics from page 6

jonnny said:
Hi
App looks really useful, signed up.

G2 I will accept loan of the plates if they are still available?

This being my first trip with the forum and my first ever 'track' driving experience is there any essentials I need to bring along with me?

Thanks

:yeah:

Are helmets needed for the track laps?

nigel99 said:
jonnny said:
Hi
App looks really useful, signed up.

G2 I will accept loan of the plates if they are still available?

This being my first trip with the forum and my first ever 'track' driving experience is there any essentials I need to bring along with me?

Thanks

:yeah:

Jonny, np :thumb:

Nigel....tourist laps so I'm guessing not.....or the type in the picture

T8 can probably give a sensible answer....

Attachments

• image_337.jpeg
    image_337.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 515
jonnny said:

For driving abroad:

See => https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/what-do-i-need

For the track session:

I'm 99% sure I read somewhere that helmets are not required but I will check. It's effectively a couple of parade laps at a controlled speed so no track driving experience is necessary. There will probably be a short 'dos and donts' briefing beforehand.

For our convoy:

Try to keep the car in front in sight but don't worry if you don't. You'll always either catch up naturally or at the next check point. We all know where we're going.

Always drive as if you're on your own but don't overtake the car in front un-necessarily. Make your own driving decisions, don't follow others.

We're only going to Belgium so this event is a tour - not a hoon. :cop:

ps. G2 .... Where did you get that photo of MrPub :?:

I was going I make a few gags about polishing helmets but don't want to lower the tone of this thread so I'll save them for over dinner. :D

T8 said:
jonnny said:
ps. G2 .... Where did you get that photo of MrPub :?:

Sorry. Been earning brownie points to offset this weeks impending collection. Why don't lawns and hedges cut themselves?

It's not mr pub, It's Wally Battey....that should set off some comedy googling on a Sunday night... :?:

nigel99 said:

I've had e-mail confirmation today that crash helmets are NOT required for the parade laps.

Thanks Terry, I was secretly hopping they were so I could get to wear it a second time in 2 years! :damn: :floor:

nigel99 said:
Thanks Terry, I was secretly hopping they were so I could get to wear it a second time in 2 years! :damn: :floor:

I'm sure nobody will mind if you take it with you to look cool in the paddock....but wearing it on the shuttle or at dinner is a bit much :thumb: :D

G2 said:
nigel99 said:

I'm sure nobody will mind if you take it with you to look cool in the paddock....but wearing it on the shuttle or at dinner is a bit much :thumb: :D

Well I do want to get my moneys worth. I could be the stig for the weekend.

nigel99 said:
G2 said:
nigel99 said:

It will help with the sunburn :floor: :floor:

G2 said:
nigel99 said:
G2 said:
nigel99 said:

It will help with the sunburn :floor: :floor:

I'd still manage to get Sunburn :floor:

After leaving a phone message, sending two e-mails and then a letter I finally got confirmation this evening from Dominos, Steakhouse in Spa that we are booked in for our Sunday evening meal.

:food:

T8 said:
After leaving a phone message, sending two e-mails and then a letter I finally got confirmation this evening from Dominos, Steakhouse in Spa that we are booked in for our Sunday evening meal.

:food:

Top work T8.

Also, F1/PSC are at Spa this weekend, so lots of tv coverage of the place to get us started...

Porsche race coverage - Eurosport 2 - race 1 sat 5:30pm - race 2 sun 10:15

Mr Pub said:
Hotel and Shuttle booked

I missed out on the L'Auberge due to my inaction :sleepy: I am booked in the Radisson at Place Royale 39 Spa instead

Shuttle booked 08:50 10/10 19:20 11/10

:bandit:

I do hope 10/10 and 11/10 are typos. :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back