Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Euro trip - camera?

AngusG

Hi all

I'm shortly going to be driving down to south of France (Route Napoleon, Verdon Gorge, D996, D396 etc...) I do this every year, but always very excited!

I was thinking it would be good to record some of the best bits - does anyone have any recommendations on dash/external cameras? Some of the GoPros get mixed reviews but do seem like a good bet in terms of easy attachment to the car etc.

Grateful for any ideas.

Cheers
A

I know jack diddly squat about dashcams but I'm down that manor next week for 2 weeks. Keep your eyes peeled....likewise, I will too.

:thumb:

I've just recorded some of my road trip, and captured some pictures with my Hero 4 Silver.

Great piece of kit, Best for audio and visual quality in my opinion. The newer ones aren't as good for the money!

Comes with some sticky mounts, and i bought a few other items. Stuck it to the windscreen next to the rear view mirror. Captured some great scenery, and video's. All with the curves of the front wings in shot :)

Did some external shooting, with my friends chasing and the go pro stuck on a suction mount. Never fell off, and even if it did the case would have saved it. Presuming my friends didn't run it over :lol:

Ive got the SJCam something something that has some car feature. Battery only lasts 90 minutes though

however, ive purchased and used the battery packs that charges up a phone on the go as the power pack for the cam. Im not sure of how long a charge itll give the cam (was some 5000mh job from ebay) but its been ok so far), im guessing bigger the output then the more time length youll get.

Im going to use this system when skiing

I use a go pro hero 4 and would recommend.

Official suction mount is rated to 150mph but I have taken it past that with no failures

Battery life can be a problem but solved by getting a second battery and USB charger for in the car. One battery is in use while the other is charging.

The gropro app for I phone I great and makes it easy to stop & record. iPad app makes for easy editing.

All round a great package. (Also good for skiing, swimming, canoeing & off roading)

RJW1881 said:
The gropro app for I phone I great and makes it easy to stop & record. iPad app makes for easy editing

Which App did you 'go' for :D

Recently bought a Hero 5 session :thumb:

HSC911 said:
RJW1881 said:
The gropro app for I phone I great and makes it easy to stop & record. iPad app makes for easy editing

Which App did you 'go' for :D

Recently bought a Hero 5 session :thumb:

The official gopro app

I recently got an AKASO EK7000 4K from Amazon ... works perfectly. For the money, it's pretty hard to argue with! Only negative is the audio which seems to be a bit weak. But for a '4k Go Pro looky likey' for £60 with two batteries included... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back