Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where to buy DIN / USB and 30 pin for use with BOVEE??

MJA911 said:
@phil yes, makes sense if with the gen2 the charging power comes from the USB port, just like taking charge from a USB charger, but on this gen1 set up it's suppose to come out of the din port and be available on the iPod connection. I've tried a gadget like on the Amazon link because the gen1 would have been around in the day when iPod charging was 12v and nowadays it's 5v, but it still didn't work. Sorry for the thread hijack Easton, I'll use the other thread I stared.

I will also transfer over to your thread on the subject but I am surprised it didnt work , I will have a think and see if I can remember what it was called :thumb:

hi all, i brought home my first Porsche a week ago - a 997.2 C2S :D.

I'm trying to get the iPod connection working but i think i bought the wrong cable (Bovee isn't recognised and an iPOD just repeatedly says its disconnected). Could someone just confirm it is the wrong one? http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod21580/Multimedia-Connecting-Cable-for-Porsche/ before i send it back?. I thought i'd take chance as it says PCM2 and i think i have PCM3

If it is the wrong one i presume my only option is calling my nearest OPC?

thanks!

Looks the same cable as I got from OPC.
Mine works fine although Spotify doesn't have the same interface as iTunes / music on your iPhone but that's minor niggle.

Works well.

Din in the round slot, USB to provide charge and bovee flashes blue lights

And the OPC will be cheaper as well I think. They didn't charge me for postage (parts van dropped it off actually!)
£30 and a few pence

Easto said:
And the OPC will be cheaper as well I think. They didn't charge me for postage (parts van dropped it off actually!)
£30 and a few pence

Easto, you are up and working now mate :thumb:

roocat said:

I'm trying to get the iPod connection working but i think i bought the wrong cable (Bovee isn't recognised and an iPOD just repeatedly says its disconnected). Could someone just confirm it is the wrong one? http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod21580/Multimedia-Connecting-Cable-for-Porsche/ before i send it back?. I thought i'd take chance as it says PCM2 and i think i have PCM3

thanks!

It does look like the one you want but the D911 ad does say for pcm2 so it might be missing something to interface with pcm3 I would return it and drop into your local opc as it should connect quite easily to the bovee aftewr you have paired it with your phone.

Phil 997 said:
roocat said:

thanks!

It does look like the one you want but the D911 ad does say for pcm2 so it might be missing something to interface with pcm3 I would return it and drop into your local opc as it should connect quite easily to the bovee aftewr you have paired it with your phone.

Thanks Phil, i'll send it back and try an OPC.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back