Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How awesome is Sport Mode ?!? Thoughts ...?

997.2 C2S PDK, and sport +, pasm to soft and manual mode is my preferred setup (once the car is fully warmed up of course) :thumb:

davidjf7 said:
997.2 C2S PDK, and sport +, pasm to soft and manual mode is my preferred setup (once the car is fully warmed up of course) :thumb:

This. :mrgreen:

997.1.5 turbo tip sport mode soft set up in tip give it some beans brake hard into a corner and hear that Kline sing when it changes down!! Love it

T8 said:
MaxA said:
T8 said:
MaxA said:
I find it odd that the car defaults to auto .......

:eh!: It's an automatic car.

The option is there to switch to manual over-ride and it gives options to tweak driving characteristics but it was built for someone who specified that they wanted an automatic.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. I bought a sports car. I don't drive my car in auto so I don't want it to default to auto/economy.

Sorry if it's a delicate question but why didn't you buy a manual car. :?:

Not really. I was looking for a manual, but I couldn't find one so I bought a PDK. They don't sell a lot of manuals in the Emirates. Don't worry though, my other car is a manual, and it doesn't have any 'modes' at all. So I'm not feeling hard done by. I have actually come to love the PDK, especially with the paddleshift, but it just irks me that I have to over-ride the default settings every time I get into the thing. :dont know:

Just gone onto a Gen II from a Gen I and the difference is amazing.

Biggest hoot is launch control, one road tester reckoned they got a 2.9 sec 0-60 using it and I can't disagree!

I bought a heap of OPC Tequipment upgrades, one being the sport & Sport Plus. I've used it to see what it does and as far as I'm aware all it does is keep the revs high. No bhp or torque or any performance gains whatsoever. I could have got the same effect putting it in manual and selecting gears to achieve the same.

Still haven't even used the launch control. However Porsche GB did inform me that owners with Porsche Warranty can do 1 or 1 million and 1 launches and the car is covered as it's a manufacture approved fitment.

There's also some other upgrades with the kit such as lighting etc. Non of which I've used either.

I couldn't even tell someone how to use launch control

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back