Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 996 eBay bargain thread.

Hmm strange as that's what I bought from them and it was heated and with sticky back as stated you need to peel the black backing away from the old glass and element which is sandwiched between the backing and the glass. I'll recheck the link I posted and amend to suit.
timm996 said:
Harv said:
Mirror glass, these are heated, concave and have a fully sticky back just like OEM (Does not include the plastic backing part that clips to the motor, this has to be peeled off the old glass and reused).

One of mine has gone open circuit so doesn't demist :sad:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Left-Heated...2005-335LSH-/390936363666?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

:thumb:
I bought one of those, they are not heated ( they are compliant with heated mirrors due to the sticky back, the heater is of course in the mirror housing), they just stick onto the old glass or carrier. Also being convex. they ping off. I had one fly off, luckily onto a grass verge. So I collected it. In the end use used some silicone sealant to stick it on, now stays on but not heated from the back any more. . Plus points are: very cheap, good fit size wise and also a nice convex shape means wide view. so yes a good find.

alex yates said:
Just bought some of these gearbox mount bushes to support the old saggy thing currently in from new. Will report beack when fitted, unless infrasilver beats me to it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...unting-Bush-Insert-Kit-PFR57-530/142209402045

I'll be very interested in your (and infrasilver's) results, I'm keen to get a set myself if you can get them to work without increased NVH.
Plenty of red rubber grease on installation?
Infrasilver's comment on possibly slightly too thick sidewalls is interesting, maybe modification is required.

911munKy said:
alex yates said:
Just bought some of these gearbox mount bushes to support the old saggy thing currently in from new. Will report beack when fitted, unless infrasilver beats me to it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...unting-Bush-Insert-Kit-PFR57-530/142209402045

I'll be very interested in your (and infrasilver's) results, I'm keen to get a set myself if you can get them to work without increased NVH.
Infrasilver's comment on possibly slightly too thick sidewalls is interesting, maybe modification is required.
:agree: Good find Alex, please report back, also I notice they supply most of the other suspension bushes at very good prices :thumb:

diverzeusy said:
911munKy said:
alex yates said:

:agree: Good find Alex, please report back, also I notice they supply most of the other suspension bushes at very good prices :thumb:

Here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121057

:thumb:

Exactly the same happened to us Paul (Carrera ones though) except they cocked up the price too.

A pair of front brembo discs for £52.30. They're now listed for £104.60.

They sent 2 of the same side so me and my mate Craig on here had 4 Left hand discs.
Took a bit of arguing to get 2 rights as we hadn't paid the proper price but that wasn't our fault. :grin:

Marky911 said:
Exactly the same happened to us Paul (Carrera ones though) except they cocked up the price too.

They sent 2 of the same side so me and my mate Craig on here had 4 Left hand discs.
Took a bit of arguing to get 2 rights as we hadn't paid the proper price but that wasn't our fault. :grin:

£52.30 now that's a eBay bargain :thumb:
I did wonder if they would be awkward about it... strictly speaking the ad did only mention one part number.. But they was absolutely fine about it and just exchanged it at local store :D
I've noticed since a lot of ECP's listings give only one part number.. I suspect who ever does the eBay listings for them is good at typing but not experienced in car parts
:dont know:

The manifolds are great.
Well made , good fit, look great.
Total bargain

Marky911 said:

I'm a bit out of touch RE prices but noticed a set of Pagid front discs are £114 at ECP after discount. I guess that's reasonable?

That's a decent price matey,

all I would say is the finish on the centre bell part varies between the different makes.

Brembo's have a nice glossy metal finish with a clear anti corrosion coat.

The other makes have the standard Porsche finish which looks a bit like grey primer that has been lacquered over.

Depending on what your rears have you may want to match them.

I personally prefer Brembo anyway. A lot of the cheaper makes are now under one umbrella and quality is sometimes inconsistent. I think even Textar the OE supplier is under this umbrella now.

Brembos are coming out at £95.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/basket

Cheers mate. Yeah noticed the Brembo but going to stick with Pagid for now because rear discs and all pads are Pagid.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back