Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valuation for potential private sale

Bund said:
Yes unfortunately the sale hasn't come to fruition but I would like to think neither of us have done anything that we didn't say we would. I went and see the car straight away and it was raining. We didn't go for a drive and i couldn't really tell the condition of the car but later we agreed a price subject to a PPI which Mathew was happy about.

For the record it wasn't the broken number plate that stopped me yet GT-One did pull up the oil leaks again which is a shame as it had been repaired or remedied once before and lots of work was also suggested on the exhaust. They also brought up a fair few other items but these were the main ones. These were items described by them as having to be addressed in the short to medium term.

They didnt see it as a good car for me to buy knowing how I am with my Turbo.

The last 3 Porsche's I've owned have all gone through PPI's and I wouldn't buy a used expensive Porsche without one. Mathew and I hoped that it would go through without anything major but these items did add up and I knew from our earliest conversation that there wasn't room in the price to negotiate such items. I was fine with that going in to the PPI so yes I've had to pay for the PPI but id rather that than i take it in for a service and ask the guys to look over it they surprise we with a list of items needing to be addressed totalling quite a few thousands...

I hope Matts comment about being put off selling isn't due to how i handled myself.

I came away from it thinking perhaps I am mad looking to sell my pristine Turbo to get into any 993 that will likely have a lot more miles than the 70k on my car and could end up costing me a lot lot more due to age and mileage related wear.

I dont think Mathew will have a problem shifting the car at around what we agreed to someone who can undertake the work themselves but for me ill always have to get a pro involved and that takes the car from a good buy to an expensive 155k 993. So if i still want one I'll have to spend more and get arguably a better example.

I passed the report to Mathew so he can forward to potential interested parties for £10 a pop. ;)

Haha thanks Brett but I'd seek your permission to show the report to any interested parties.
TBH if there were more more chaps like you around when purchasing a used car the world would be a better place. There are absolutely no hard feelings. I think we both understand wher the other is coming from so all good in my book.

Anyhow, you should view Mad's car as that would be an interesting comparison.

Also, thanks to all the chaps for their various comments and advice. Sterling stuff as always.

Zingari said:
You can expect oil weaps from air cooled engine as my Indy is somehow amazed that mine stays dry which is down to some new sealant he was trying.

Knackered number plate holder would be a deal breaker for me unless it was 25 bags :bandit:

You let your Indy use none Porsche sealant, the shame :eek:

will8 said:
Reading this thread with interest.Looking for a 993, have a few possibilities, what does a PPI cost?
PPI from Porsche Inspections where they visit the seller is around £400 including vat. By contrast a 111 point inspection at a Porsche dealer costs £240. Independents are probably cheaper so long as seller takes the car to them.

when i bought mine the PPI showed up around £600 worth of work (cat heat shields, exhaust clamps/bolts, faulty window switch, gearbox oil seal leak, worn bumpstops.

we agreed between us circa £300 off the agreed price as an agreed split, job done, i had the heatshields and switch done there and then and sorted the other jobs as i went along. it did give me the reassurance from distance that the car was HPI clear, had original paint mainly, no obvious rust or accident damage and overall a very high grade car, so it was money well spent, i felt i was getting the right car with an expert eye run over it.

Dies anybody know what the 111 points are - I might do my own at the weekend for a laugh - its all subjective I guess....

:thumbs:

I'll publish my findings for comment.....

ColinC said:
:thumbs:

I'll publish my findings for comment.....

:popcorn:

Can I suggest the reason Zingaris car has no oil weeps is because it is turned on less often than Stephen Hawking. Oil unlikely to seep out whilst sat congealing slowly in the sump.

None of it is rocket science stuff. Exterior interior condition, full function test of every switch and device, tyre tread depth and type, paint thickness, mechanical function, up on ramps for oil leak checks , clutch action, gearchange , wheels sizes and condition etc etc.
They don't do compression checks as far as I'm aware, they won't guarantee it won't blow up. Hpi and report on service history and an overall assessment of grade. You could do it all yourself in 2 or 3 hours with ramp acces and a few tools

ChrisT70 said:
None of it is rocket science stuff. Exterior interior condition, full function test of every switch and device, tyre tread depth and type, paint thickness, mechanical function, up on ramps for oil leak checks , clutch action, gearchange , wheels sizes and condition etc etc.
They don't do compression checks as far as I'm aware, they won't guarantee it won't blow up. Hpi and report on service history and an overall assessment of grade. You could do it all yourself in 2 or 3 hours with ramp acces and a few tools

Indeed :thumbs: I did a 600 mile round trip to cornwall to view a 996 turbo,which I bought and did the above and it all worked out ok.

I put mine up at a price I thought was undercutting the rest taking into account the mileage, history, condition and recent work, but the phone hasn't been ringing off the hook.

I originally wanted to sell it to hunt for the right 993 or 964 Turbo having got the Porsche bug massively and coming from much faster cars. Annoyingly I have now found the car I want so have put the pressure on myself to sell quicker to raise the funds before the other one sells; sods law indeed.

https://youtu.be/R4KWdB2zWQA

Lowering the price is dangerous game as people think something is wrong with it, but it really is spot on and I am hoping the video demonstrates this.

Madda sorry if I'm getting mixed up with another post but didn't you only buy this 993 around 7-8 weeks ago? Looking to sell already?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back