Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WARNING! Check your fuel rails for rust. Possible fire risk.

Good news. All seems good with the new fuel rails. Loads of miles done since the replacement. One more check over next weekend before we set of for our yearly Euro trip. Heading to the Alps then Como & Northern Italy. Will post a thread in trips section with photos. To say I am excited would be an understatement. 13 sleeps to go!

Hi C11BRA,

Hope your Euro trip was good and no issues were encountered....

I have had to start this job sooner than planned due to a suspected leaking injector.

No fuel smell, no misfires or smoke, but the oil level keeps going up. Now, unless there is such a thing as an oil fairy.........!

Anyway, injectors are away being tested at the moment. My rails are not as bad as yours, passenger side has a light dusting of rust, but drivers side fairly cruddy. Both cleaned, prepped and painted with Por15, ready for refit.

Just wanted to ask:

Any issues or tips on reinstalling the injectors? The holes into the manifold look a bit corroded, but with the engine still in the car, I'm fearful of dropping any crud into the engine by attempting to clean them up.

I've dropped the engine 40mm to get at the rear pipe bracket, but it's still a pig. Now recovered 5 of the metal injector electrical plug clips from the engine bay/floor!

Cheers James

No issues re-installing the injectors. My inj ports looked ok. But working pretty blind really.

I wouldn't try to clean up too much. Bores should be ok as inj seals would have sealed the lower part. Mine slipped back in easily tbh.

Great Euro trip. No issues with car. Ran like a dream.

Good luck with re-installation.

When fitting my injectors I always smear a little silicone grease on the O rings before seating as this will lubricate and make sure they seat perfectly square in the bores and make a better seal, also silicone grease doesn't attack the O ring rubber like other types of lube can. In fact I've started using it on all O rings I fit on the engine, the tin I bought was a couple quid and has lasted me years.

As said already I wouldn't clean up any crud in the hole due to the loose crud possibly getting into the cylinder bore.

Thanks chaps. Will get some silicone grease.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back